Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Tom Bender

What fantastic news to wake up to.

Get better soon Tom, see you on the pitch soon mate.

Thank-you to all the clubs who have messaged.

I would personally like to organise some sort of tribute for Tranmere fans, their behaviour was magnificent last night.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2011, 05:31   #47
God Member

Good News to wake up to

All the Best to Tom & his family and hoping to see you back on the pitch as soon as possible.

As others have said at moments like last night football becomes one big family as proved by the messages of support for Tom.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:24   #48
God Member

Can only echo what others have said, the silence of all fans leaving the ground said it all. Thank goodness there's better news this morning, really touched by all the messages on here from fans of other clubs. Our thoughts are obviously with Tom & his family - get well soon kid.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:51   #49

Fantastic news to wake up to.
Get well soon Tom.

CFC
Spire2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59   #50

Seems to be better news this morning about young Tom thank goodness, it was sickening to see the lad led there for so long. I have never experienced an atmosphere like that at a football ground and don,t want to again thank you.
Top marks to all involved for the way you dealt with the situation your a credit to both clubs, as are both sets of fans for the way they reacted to the abandonment of the game top marks to you all.
Also just got to add a big thank you to all the supporters from other clubs who have posted their best wishes it just shows what a close knit community we really are yeh we have the banter on the terraces but when the chips are down we are as one PROPER FOOTBALL FANS thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:25   #51
Resting in Peace

Very Very sad event hope the lad is okay and makes a speedy recovery, having seen the incident on TV this morning it looked like just one of those incidents that happen in every game, a very good decision to call the game of, players on both sides must have been shaken up by the incident
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32   #52
Senior Member+

Felt sick last night when it happened,just glad its not as bad as first feared.Just hope he makes a full recovery and enjoys a successful career where ever it may take him.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34   #53
Senior Member+

Great news to hear Tom is better this morning. Very nice to see the best wishes of various club supporters from around the country and all over the world! Hope Tom is back in the Red and White very soon. Football at its worst and very best.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34   #54

Wink Re: Tom Bender

Stockport County fan here . . . I logged on to our YellowBoard this morning as usual and my stomach hit the floor when i read about Tom in last night's game . . . the horror of it all unfolding if you were there must have been horrific . . . thank god, or whoever you do pray to, that it appears the condition isn't as bad as first thought . . . get well soon Tom and help the Accy climb up the league . . . sadly it takes an horrific injury to pull the football family together . . . and hey STOP WITH THE 92 BIT! The non-league scene is also part of the family!!!!
stuscfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48   #55

Tranmere fan here. Hope Tom fully recovers quickley. Absolutely the right decision to call the game off last night, the players would not have been in the right frame of mind worrying about Tom. Good luck for the season.
Mighty Whites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02   #56
God Member

Glad to hear that Tom is stable at the moment, it was horrible being there last night. The moment it happened it seemed to most of us that it was not good, then as the time went on - it seemed like forever - and more people were on the pitch around Tom, we all feared something very, very bad had happened - not taking away from what has happened!!

Well done to all at the club.

Thank you to the Tranmere FANs - they were great!!

And it is great to see/hear all the footy FANs from clubs everywhere rallying around, well done to all.

Take care Tom, hope to see you in the Stanley back line soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:33   #57
Super Moderator

Glad I couldn't make it last night - sounds like a very harrowing event for all concerned and it's a relief that the news sounds hopeful.

Good to see other fans showing solidarity, both on here on on their messageboards.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:35   #58
Full Member+

Smudgie , what a nice gesture, how about a large banner welcoming Tranmere back or even thanking them for their support ? just an idea.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36   #59
Senior Member+

Get well soon Tom, glad he is much better this morning.

I am very touched with all the comments on here from fans supporting different teams. It makes you feel part of a very big team!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:09   #60

On Keys&Gray (TalkSPORT) about half an hour ago, Coleman agreed to the suggestion of allowing Tranmere a goal start, at the rescheduled game. Interesting.
Andy66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..