Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 3 Post By Chrisr
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 16:27   #1
God Member

Transfer window to close before start of season. . .

. . . . . sensible decision I think most people would agree with but, this is for the Premier league only - why am I not surprised!! Can't have them inconvenienced can we
The other leagues need to band together & lobby for the ruling to include everyone - why should lower league clubs be plundered for near enough a month after the start of the season but the 'big boys' be protected against this
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2017, 16:58   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Transfer window to close before start of season. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
. . . . . sensible decision I think most people would agree with but, this is for the Premier league only - why am I not surprised!! Can't have them inconvenienced can we
The other leagues need to band together & lobby for the ruling to include everyone - why should lower league clubs be plundered for near enough a month after the start of the season but the 'big boys' be protected against this
Its obvious WHY, cos the lesser divisions dont matter to the useless swine that run football.
Old 07-09-2017, 18:05   #3
Senior Member+

Having read a bit about this on Beeb football page ....

This decision is made by the Premier League clubs and affects the Premier League - bit hard to object to that. They are prohibiting themselves from buying, so won't be plundering us (as if!). They can still sell - perhaps to us (as if!) - until the end of the European window.

The Football League can make the same decision if its members vote to do so. I hope they do.

Last edited by Chimer; 07-09-2017 at 18:06. Reason: Add last sentence
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 18:25   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Having read a bit about this on Beeb football page ....

This decision is made by the Premier League clubs and affects the Premier League - bit hard to object to that. They are prohibiting themselves from buying, so won't be plundering us (as if!). They can still sell - perhaps to us (as if!) - until the end of the European window.

The Football League can make the same decision if its members vote to do so. I hope they do.
Aye but occasionally they have plundered the lower leagues.and if it suits em to do so they will.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:55   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but occasionally they have plundered the lower leagues.and if it suits em to do so they will.
don,t worry cashy they will always move the goalposts to suit themselves. again its one thing MONEY.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 20:38   #6
Full Member+

It should be a FIFA ruling as it does not apply European clubs or other world clubs. It should be the same for everyone.
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:19   #7
God Member

if stanley are never involved i couldn,t really care a flying ---- what happens in the premier or greedy league as i call it.
KiTChener likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:40   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It should be a FIFA ruling as it does not apply European clubs or other world clubs. It should be the same for everyone.
All countries have different season dates, even in some European counties it is a summer sport.

The English game cannot see the bigger picture and is shooting itself in the foot.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 20:02   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
All countries have different season dates, even in some European counties it is a summer sport.

The English game cannot see the bigger picture and is shooting itself in the foot.
Not so sure that is a big factor to a foreign club as they would simply have an agreement in place for the end of season. The big exception to the season close down is the Goalkeepers should be exempt. No club can operate without a competent proven Keeper. In our position it could cost us dearly as with any other club. The rest of the rule seems OK. But I have a good feeling abot this season even this early.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..