Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do you want us at Stan?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 1 25.00%
Unsurw 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2013, 17:34   #1

Question Trotters Independent Football Society

You'll either love or hate the idea. We don't want to see a wonderful club like yours go under and we hate the way football is franchised in upper tier divisions.

Let me know what you think - I hope you're on board and can raise our profile.
trottersindependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2013, 18:26   #2
God Member

Re: Trotters Independent Football Society

what is it you actually do ?

if you raise money by hanging pervy monkeys from the away goals crossbar then i see no harm

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2013, 19:39   #3
God Member

in the absence of any actual explanation I'll post this that was on the Bolton Wanderers forum. dont bother clicking the links, there's nowt there

This is an incredibly ambitious and controversial movement, but I hope you can help us out in gaining a few hundred supporters. The aim is to model ourselves on FC United of Manchester's support, those in Bolton who are unhappy with the way the game is nowadays, can jump on our non-league bandwagon. Please visit the following links (Facebook especially). Please note that our blog is currently inactive.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trotters- ... 9805615049

Trotters Independent Football Society | Putting the atmosphere back into football.

https://twitter.com/trotters_ifs

still no explanation though, are you trying to raise awareness of the fact that you 'have a group' or are you touting for a club that wants a few extra bods to come along and have a sing song?

if its the former then who cares?

if its the latter then perhaps you might hve heard of a little group that we have called the Stanley Ultras? Extra bods always welcome provided that you are decent people who know how to behave at a football stadium. If you just want to come along and drag your knuckles then don't bother. If you want to come and impose your groups view on how to support your team then don't bother - its not too dissimilar to what we do, and have done for years, already.

Other than that ...
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 05:54   #4
God Member

Lots of us hate the world of 'franchised' football, but clicking a virtual button on the internet won't change much. Switching off your devices, getting off your backside and actually supporting a 'proper' team will. Hope to see you at the next Stanley game.
Wynonie Harris and smobile like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accrington, stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..