Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2022, 10:14   #1

V hbc

I don't know if many on here have Twitter and follow andy holt, our chairman, the person putting his own money into Accrington Stanley and the community. Of which he does not get it back. Spent on the pitch, coleys bar, ASFC community hub which does great things for kids. Changing rooms, pays bills on time. Yet it seem HBC have been against him the full time. A noise abatement order has been put on coleys meaning it can make no noise after few residents complaint and a guy with a noise monitor has been outside coleys since March. Instead of working with Andy. So he's had to cancel the bands, functions, community events all gone with a lost to the club. They had people complain when they held the fireworks and fun fair event, they had to change the colour red on the out building of the community hub as resident complain about the colour

Kings George's the training pitch, Andy had purchased land in read and got planning permission of ribble valley for the training ground. As he was getting nowhere with hyndburn, but they wanted it to be kept in Accrington so suggested king George's which is a field in trust so used be public to dog walks, play on, cars have been on there and everything. So in order to become a training pitch they needed it to be changed which HBC agreed too. So Andy spent £70k to fence around it which locals now Chuck dog poo over and put bags on the fence. And £550k for 100 year lease of the fields as the training ground, the council decided not to take king George's of the field of trust. As can't have a training ground and the public use to for dog walks and everything else. While this was going on the planning in read lapsed and the council is looking at other uses for the fields in read. So he's £500k in of his own money and nothing has come of it.

HBC will not be happy until Stanley is closed down like the rest of the town, run down, empty, lifeless.

I think Andy holy will leave I really do. I wouldn't
Blame him at all. I really wouldn't. When he's trying his best, putting money in and not getting the support to help the community and Accrington look at how many away fans used coleys and said how good it was, and great away day. The money being spent on wider town from the away fans and people coming to an event at coleys. Now that all has to stop.

Sign this petition please

https://www.change.org/p/accrington-...ncil-abatement

We shook buckets up and down the country, walked miles, put blood, sweat and tears, lighted candles outside the club. It will not die.
Bob Dobson and ferret man like this.

Last edited by Dav1d; 20-12-2022 at 10:24.
Dav1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2022, 12:33   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: V hbc

signed it, 3 STUPID PEOPLE have complained.
Old 20-12-2022, 13:02   #3

Signed it----It's ridiculous that a few petty people can force the issue,after everything Andy Holt has done for the town.
duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 13:24   #4
God Member

Signed
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 14:13   #5
God Member

Signed, and passed on.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 15:55   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
I don't know if many on here have Twitter and follow andy holt, our chairman, the person putting his own money into Accrington Stanley and the community. Of which he does not get it back. Spent on the pitch, coleys bar, ASFC community hub which does great things for kids. Changing rooms, pays bills on time. Yet it seem HBC have been against him the full time. A noise abatement order has been put on coleys meaning it can make no noise after few residents complaint and a guy with a noise monitor has been outside coleys since March. Instead of working with Andy. So he's had to cancel the bands, functions, community events all gone with a lost to the club. They had people complain when they held the fireworks and fun fair event, they had to change the colour red on the out building of the community hub as resident complain about the colour

Kings George's the training pitch, Andy had purchased land in read and got planning permission of ribble valley for the training ground. As he was getting nowhere with hyndburn, but they wanted it to be kept in Accrington so suggested king George's which is a field in trust so used be public to dog walks, play on, cars have been on there and everything. So in order to become a training pitch they needed it to be changed which HBC agreed too. So Andy spent £70k to fence around it which locals now Chuck dog poo over and put bags on the fence. And £550k for 100 year lease of the fields as the training ground, the council decided not to take king George's of the field of trust. As can't have a training ground and the public use to for dog walks and everything else. While this was going on the planning in read lapsed and the council is looking at other uses for the fields in read. So he's £500k in of his own money and nothing has come of it.

HBC will not be happy until Stanley is closed down like the rest of the town, run down, empty, lifeless.

I think Andy holy will leave I really do. I wouldn't
Blame him at all. I really wouldn't. When he's trying his best, putting money in and not getting the support to help the community and Accrington look at how many away fans used coleys and said how good it was, and great away day. The money being spent on wider town from the away fans and people coming to an event at coleys. Now that all has to stop.

Sign this petition please

https://www.change.org/p/accrington-...ncil-abatement

We shook buckets up and down the country, walked miles, put blood, sweat and tears, lighted candles outside the club. It will not die.
Nothing you have stated on here surprises me....

I know first-hand the issues Andy faces and am surprised it has taken this long..........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 16:02   #7
God Member

Signed also

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 16:43   #8

Signed
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 17:35   #9
Senior Member+

HBC action!!!!!!

Signed, which is highly unusual for me!
However, this is simply the most ridiculous decision that HBC has ever made IMHO!
Accrington Stanley FC is, by a country mile, the biggest asset in our Borough!
Two issues are raised here:
1) The selfish, petty mindedness of a handful of people who have made complaints. People know what to expect if you live near a football ground!
2) The ridiculous action taken by HBC. The Council is weak and by all accounts includes a number of councillors intent on infighting and in making personal attacks on their fellow members! They do seem to be unfit to do the job!

Having said all that……compromise has to be the way forward.
For example, there was a complaint to Stanley about the exterior colour of some of the facilities…….Andy Holt and the club compromised and made some changes! Problem solved.
If the music is considered to be really too loud, then surely slightly toning it down is the way forward. Being an old geezer, I am not keen on very loud disco stuff but to place a total ban like this is simply not correct!
Andy Holt has brought real pride back to our town and if HBC is prepared to risk losing what has been achieved since 2008 then they should be held to account!
HBC ………..Not fit for purpose IMHO!
MikeA, Oldgobbin, cashman and 4 others like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 20-12-2022 at 17:39.
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 19:30   #10

No help from HBC they gave him Highams !!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2022, 19:45   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree100 per cent with choirboy.
Old 21-12-2022, 07:07   #12
Full Member+

Who are these people at
HBC... can the ones being
un-helpful be named.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2022, 08:26   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Who are these people at
HBC... can the ones being
un-helpful be named.
that would be a good idea.
Old 21-12-2022, 11:36   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Who are these people at HBC... can the ones being un-helpful be named.
Steady on, let’s keep some perspective before we erect the guillotine.

The Council have to respond to complaints about noise, it often involves months of the complainants recording incidences, times and duration etc.
Then an Environmental Health officer will take a reading on a noise meter. Based on what is regarded as acceptable and unacceptable (from experience of other cases) then a decision has to be made as to whether, on balance, the noise equates to a nuisance.

Once that decision is made, I would have expected the officer to inform the club and to discuss with the club what could be done to mitigate the nuisance. But we don’t know if there has been any discussion with EH about what might be done to ‘insulate’ the noise.

One common issue is that bands who provide their own PA are notorious for turning their amps up to 11. It’s not difficult to imagine that any amplified sound inside Coleys would reverberate off all the hard surfaces, and easily pass through the metal skin of the roof. Venues that provide their own sound system can control sound levels, and sometimes have to.

If this noise abatement order has literally come out of the blue, with no previous discussions with the club, then the Council can rightly be criticised.
But the club needs to resolve this matter amicably with the Council officials.
I’m sure there’s a reasonable solution and would hope there are councillors who can ask their officers to find it.
So, if you live in Hyndburn, let your local councillor know your concerns, they’re easily enough found online these days and are all ‘named’.
MikeA, choirboy, chevyfire and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2022, 15:28   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Steady on, let’s keep some perspective before we erect the guillotine.

The Council have to respond to complaints about noise, it often involves months of the complainants recording incidences, times and duration etc.
Then an Environmental Health officer will take a reading on a noise meter. Based on what is regarded as acceptable and unacceptable (from experience of other cases) then a decision has to be made as to whether, on balance, the noise equates to a nuisance.

Once that decision is made, I would have expected the officer to inform the club and to discuss with the club what could be done to mitigate the nuisance. But we don’t know if there has been any discussion with EH about what might be done to ‘insulate’ the noise.

One common issue is that bands who provide their own PA are notorious for turning their amps up to 11. It’s not difficult to imagine that any amplified sound inside Coleys would reverberate off all the hard surfaces, and easily pass through the metal skin of the roof. Venues that provide their own sound system can control sound levels, and sometimes have to.

If this noise abatement order has literally come out of the blue, with no previous discussions with the club, then the Council can rightly be criticised.
But the club needs to resolve this matter amicably with the Council officials.
I’m sure there’s a reasonable solution and would hope there are councillors who can ask their officers to find it.
So, if you live in Hyndburn, let your local councillor know your concerns, they’re easily enough found online these days and are all ‘named’.
I am not suggesting for one minute the council should be hung out to dry and importantly, i don't reside in Accrington, i reside in Bury so what happens in Accrington with regards the council should really be of no business' of mine other than i support the Accrington Football Team and also my fellow supporters. With not living locally, i couldn't grasp who and what was the obstacle so thought i would ask, hence me asking the question within my post.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..