Thread: V hbc
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2022, 15:55   #6
VALAIRIAN
God Member

Re: V hbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
I don't know if many on here have Twitter and follow andy holt, our chairman, the person putting his own money into Accrington Stanley and the community. Of which he does not get it back. Spent on the pitch, coleys bar, ASFC community hub which does great things for kids. Changing rooms, pays bills on time. Yet it seem HBC have been against him the full time. A noise abatement order has been put on coleys meaning it can make no noise after few residents complaint and a guy with a noise monitor has been outside coleys since March. Instead of working with Andy. So he's had to cancel the bands, functions, community events all gone with a lost to the club. They had people complain when they held the fireworks and fun fair event, they had to change the colour red on the out building of the community hub as resident complain about the colour

Kings George's the training pitch, Andy had purchased land in read and got planning permission of ribble valley for the training ground. As he was getting nowhere with hyndburn, but they wanted it to be kept in Accrington so suggested king George's which is a field in trust so used be public to dog walks, play on, cars have been on there and everything. So in order to become a training pitch they needed it to be changed which HBC agreed too. So Andy spent £70k to fence around it which locals now Chuck dog poo over and put bags on the fence. And £550k for 100 year lease of the fields as the training ground, the council decided not to take king George's of the field of trust. As can't have a training ground and the public use to for dog walks and everything else. While this was going on the planning in read lapsed and the council is looking at other uses for the fields in read. So he's £500k in of his own money and nothing has come of it.

HBC will not be happy until Stanley is closed down like the rest of the town, run down, empty, lifeless.

I think Andy holy will leave I really do. I wouldn't
Blame him at all. I really wouldn't. When he's trying his best, putting money in and not getting the support to help the community and Accrington look at how many away fans used coleys and said how good it was, and great away day. The money being spent on wider town from the away fans and people coming to an event at coleys. Now that all has to stop.

Sign this petition please

https://www.change.org/p/accrington-...ncil-abatement

We shook buckets up and down the country, walked miles, put blood, sweat and tears, lighted candles outside the club. It will not die.
Nothing you have stated on here surprises me....

I know first-hand the issues Andy faces and am surprised it has taken this long..........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote