Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2015, 18:46   #1
Senior Member+

What am I?

I'm confused, as I've known for months that any mild criticism of Coley will get me labelled a "hater" by Dav, and now it appears that if I give any mild support Cashy will call me an "arselicker". I didn't think I was either, but now I think I must be both - I'd better go and drown myself in the cut!

The lack of tolerance, never mind respect, for opposing views on here is astonishing. Prime Minister's Questions is more grown up. It's not banter, it's pathetic.

Oldgobbin, baldy, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
Old 04-04-2015, 19:09   #2
God Member

Re: What am I?

Less of this talk of drowning, Chimer. Get yourself up to Fort Nelson and you could hold out from the 'haters ' and 'arse-lickers' for months.
Chimer likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 20:41   #3
God Member

maybe you're an 'arse-hater' Chimer? or a hat licker?
Old 04-04-2015, 22:26   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'm confused, as I've known for months that any mild criticism of Coley will get me labelled a "hater" by Dav, and now it appears that if I give any mild support Cashy will call me an "arselicker". I didn't think I was either, but now I think I must be both

No you're not .........you're my mate, and a good bloke!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 23:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'm confused, as I've known for months that any mild criticism of Coley will get me labelled a "hater" by Dav, and now it appears that if I give any mild support Cashy will call me an "arselicker". I didn't think I was either, but now I think I must be both - I'd better go and drown myself in the cut!

The lack of tolerance, never mind respect, for opposing views on here is astonishing. Prime Minister's Questions is more grown up. It's not banter, it's pathetic.

Spot on Chimer, some of our fans need a reality check
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:00   #6
Senior Member+

"Spot on Chimer, some of our fans need a reality check"

Actually, DAV, Chimer did mean you. In fact he mentioned you.

(Apologies for not using the correct quote method - I didn't want to upset those Accywebbers who have blocked DAV007.
Outback Ozzy and Redraine like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:30   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yer struggling Chimer, Yer not regarded as either of those by me,
Old 05-04-2015, 11:58   #8
Full Member+

Can totally understand where you are coming from Chimer. The vitriol displayed on here for anyone with opposing views is the main reason I don't post much. What could and should have been a great tool for discussion on everything Stanley is rapidly just becoming a tool for pointless verbal aggression.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 14:59   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
Can totally understand where you are coming from Chimer. The vitriol displayed on here for anyone with opposing views is the main reason I don't post much. What could and should have been a great tool for discussion on everything Stanley is rapidly just becoming a tool for pointless verbal aggression.
Please yerself, its a football forum, not a nuns outing.
Old 05-04-2015, 18:08   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Please yerself, its a football forum, not a nuns outing.
Spot on, Cashy. Far too much precious political correctness about these days. Some people seem to be offended or "disrespected" to use the fashionable description by almost everything. Sticks and stones....etc.
monkey hanger likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 18:13   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Spot on, Cashy. Far too much precious political correctness about these days. Some people seem to be offended or "disrespected" to use the fashionable description by almost everything. Sticks and stones....etc.
Thing is Redraine, i reckon some dont know the meaning of the word "Vitriol" cos i reckon theres sod all like it posted, I reckon weve bred a society of nancys.
Old 05-04-2015, 18:17   #12

Political correctness has nout to do with it. People are just bored of the drivel spouted.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 19:17   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Political correctness has nout to do with it. People are just bored of the drivel spouted.
I'm intrigued. Go on then, give us an actual example of the drivel spouted.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 19:35   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Aye well we can't all be as clever n arrogant as you sam.
Old 05-04-2015, 20:57   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I'm intrigued. Go on then, give us an actual example of the drivel spouted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye well we can't all be as clever n arrogant as you sam.
Love it, Cashy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..