Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By AsFc62
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By DAV007
  • 2 Post By AsFc62
  • 1 Post By AsFc62
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2014, 08:09   #1
Senior Member+

? who is this defender

who has scored in three league appearances this season

Last edited by accybeme; 24-08-2014 at 08:14.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2014, 08:15   #2

Re: ? who is this defender

Mr. Murphy?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 15:01   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't really care, wish him well, but left us by his choice, history as far as i'm concerned.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 28-08-2014, 15:59   #4

Dont really care?????

After all the years he played for us? Season after season of blood, passion and determination something we havent got an ounce of in the current squad!

How fickle!
baldy likes this.
Old 28-08-2014, 16:00   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well if that upsets yeh tough. said i wished him well, but he aint me wife, get a life.
DAV007 likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 28-08-2014 at 16:08.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 18:35   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Dont really care?????

After all the years he played for us? Season after season of blood, passion and determination something we havent got an ounce of in the current squad!

How fickle!
That statement is a total insult to the current squad.....Aldred for one in my humble opinion showed more passion etc.last season than any other player i've ever seen at Stanley......The whole squad rose to the occasion last season after a terrible start.Are you saying Mingoia shows no passion etc. every game he covers every square foot of the pitch....
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 18:58   #7
Senior Member+

Murph gave his all in ever game that's for sure and the switch from defender to midfielder just shows what a talented lad he is ( ask hunty,it's not easy.)
To be fair tho Ash,there's a few "heart on sleeve" players on our team.
On a separate issue,I know a few slated me for suggesting giving murph a run in midfield (a few years ago),but I am wondering if Buxton may be able to do the same.
Just like murph,maybe half a yard of pace down but tough,good on the ball and seems to read the game --- just a suggestion ! Also a good shot on him
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 20:07   #8
Senior Member+

Buxton can't be as bad as Nicky hunt in midfield.
baldy and Alvin the chipmunk like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 20:25   #9
God Member

There's a few on here who've made a similar suggestion, F19.
Would seem like a workable option in that Mr.Hunt could return to right back, which many see as his best position, and 'Rhino' could be encouraged to smash through opposing defences. He has shown he has this ability, and it might be an idea to see if he could be the midfield maestro that Stanley badly need.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 22:06   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Feel sure Buxton is worth a shot in midfield, showed good ability on wing second half at Leeds, n hes as tough as owd boots.
Old 29-08-2014, 08:58   #11

The first statement sparking this discussion was an insult to Murphy - a product of our youth set up - a constant figure in the football league! 8years dedicated service. For me it just highlighted how fickle fans can be. Fair enough if he jumped ship after a good 6months or season at Stanley. Next thing you'll be booing when he comes back to the Crown..................................... (fishing)

I'll rephrase for you all - all of the above is not present in centre midfield!

Im not doubting the overall passion! Aldred, Mingoia, Buxton, Winnard there all fighters!

I just think we've lost that fire & bollocks in the centre of the park that Murphy possessed. 1st to 90thminute busting a gut to get in the box or put a last minute tackle in... paid dividend with the amount of late winners Murphy got.

Agree get Buxton in the Mix!
baldy and Alvin the chipmunk like this.
Old 29-08-2014, 09:06   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So its n insult wishing him well? like i said get a life.
Old 29-08-2014, 10:51   #13

Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
sherry likes this.
Old 29-08-2014, 14:14   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Yer learning Ash.
sherry likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..