Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2016, 16:16   #46
God Member

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Personaly if it's all true I would prefer they go now then at least the club would get something which is better than peanuts in the Summer and we move on as a club and we learn some valuable lessons.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2016, 17:14   #47
Senior Member+

According to Sky signed pre contracts so we're gonna get chuff all!
Old 06-01-2016, 19:04   #48

On their fishy now...........

Windass & Crooks Sign Agreements - Rangers Football Club, Official Website
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:05   #49

Four year deals too - good luck to them both.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:06   #50
Full Member+

There is no lesson for the club to learn, if they give 3/4 year contracts they will go bankrupt.

It is a shame that they haven't decided to go to an English/Welsh club though after relaunching their careers here. It is also a shame there is no Stan the Monkey to eat the peanuts the club will now get.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:17   #51
God Member

I'm disgusted with the pair of them that they didn't think enough of our club to sign new contracts which would have enabled us to get the money we deserve for bringing them through, remind me - where was Josh playing when we signed him?
The result would have been the same for them, leaving in the summer so would've been no skin off their noses to put pen to paper - this may have been down to bad advice from family and/or agents but surely they've got a brain of their own to think things through?! Gutted!!
Redash and Greeny like this.

Last edited by AccyMad; 06-01-2016 at 19:21.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:45   #52
Full Member+

If the deal is done as is being reported then with no disrespect to Rangers, I have to say the players will not progress much at Rangers. Josh is about at his level in league one at this point in time, Matt is a good player but is a long way from the finished article, I don't think he would hold a regular place in a championship side yet. It is disappointing they have gone this route, I don't believe they can stay and play at Stanley as they will not risk injury, By this I am not suggesting they will not do a job but if you were them would you risk breaking a leg or ankle? I personally think if they have signed they should go now, We have enough in reserve to replace them at this moment. I wish both players well and hope they do well at Rangers. Remember Kal came from Rangers to us. we need to galvanise and get the promotion we need and be prepared for other clubs trying to poach our players, It is a big compliment to the club and all the staff who have helped train the players to a level that bigger clubs are seeking. I am afraid it is a double edged sword at the moment. It does not help that we have not had a game at home for a couple of months. onward and upward and never look down.
Greeny likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:46   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm disgusted with the pair of them that they didn't think enough of our club to sign new contracts which would have enabled us to get the money we deserve for bringing them through, remind me - where was Josh playing when we signed him?
The result would have been the same for them, leaving in the summer so would've been no skin off their noses to put pen to paper - this may have been down to bad advice from family and/or agents but surely they've got a brain of their own to think things through?! Gutted!!
Were they offered new contracts? if not then that must be a lesson learned.? Well Kal didn't cut it at rangers and fer me is certainly a better footballer than Joss.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 06-01-2016, 19:46   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
There is no lesson for the club to learn, if they give 3/4 year contracts they will go bankrupt.

It is a shame that they haven't decided to go to an English/Welsh club though after relaunching their careers here. It is also a shame there is no Stan the Monkey to eat the peanuts the club will now get.
This is exactly right. How many would have offered Crooks a 3/4 year deal last season given his performances and Josh was a player out with a long term injury. There is no money to gamble on whether a player will come good or not and if they were at the stage they are at now before they were signed then they wouldn't have signed for Accy.

That's a fact of life at the Crown, players with short contracts who perform move elsewhere. Remember the end of the playoff season where a lot moved on at the end of the season for nothing.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 19:52   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
If the deal is done as is being reported then with no disrespect to Rangers, I have to say the players will not progress much at Rangers. .
In previous seasons I would probably have agreed but Mark Warburton is the type of coach/manager who can get the best out of young players and isn't affraid to play them.

It is also a fact of life that even big clubs like Rangers are a stepping stone to even bigger things these days. It is a fact of life that Sky TV money changed the face of football forever and the promised land of the Premiership or Champions League is all that matters now. Money seems to be worth more than trophies to players and loyalty disappeared long ago.
Old 06-01-2016, 20:07   #56
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
In previous seasons I would probably have agreed but Mark Warburton is the type of coach/manager who can get the best out of young players and isn't affraid to play them.

It is also a fact of life that even big clubs like Rangers are a stepping stone to even bigger things these days. It is a fact of life that Sky TV money changed the face of football forever and the promised land of the Premiership or Champions League is all that matters now. Money seems to be worth more than trophies to players and loyalty disappeared long ago.
I agree, I just hope we have agreed to a couple of games with you to show there is no hard feelings between supporters. In fact I would be happy to buy you a pint.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 20:12   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I agree, I just hope we have agreed to a couple of games with you to show there is no hard feelings between supporters. In fact I would be happy to buy you a pint.
Yeh can buy him one sooner than yeh think, he comes down regular watching stanley.
Old 06-01-2016, 20:14   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Were they offered new contracts? if not then that must be a lesson learned.? Well Kal didn't cut it at rangers and fer me is certainly a better footballer than Joss.
Was just going off when it was reported that Windass snr. had advised Josh not to sign a new contract with Stanley so presumed he had been offered?
To be honest I think Crooks is the bigger loss of the two of them, Shay can more than fill Josh's boots & I'd be tempted to play him as first choice & leave Josh on the bench
Revived Red and Greeny like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 20:18   #59

Quote:
That would suit me fine but it would probably be a no go at Ibrox as the crowd would be too low and I doubt the police would be too keen on a game at the Crown although I would doubt there would be any trouble between fans.

If it were to happen I would probably even stand in my usual spot on the Clayton End and be diplomatic about what colours to wear. Perhaps I will finally get a half and half scarf .
Old 06-01-2016, 20:20   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh can buy him one sooner than yeh think, he comes down regular watching stanley.
Correct. Sometimes there's even a game on . Even is Josh and Matt aint there on Saturday I will be if it's on.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..