Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 07:37   #1

Windass Bankrupt

According to the BBC Dean Windass has had a bankruptcy hearing charged with owing £150000 to the taxman. I presume that's why he was so desperate to get his son to Rangers in the hope he might bail him out.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2016, 08:27   #2
God Member

Re: Windass Bankrupt

so sad, couldn,t get off to sleep last night.
Oldgobbin, AccyMad, baldy and 2 others like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:25   #3
Full Member+

Perhaps "small team"(isn't that what he called us?) Accy's owner could offer to bail him out.Then withdraw the offer when he accepts it?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:47   #4
God Member

I'm really not one to gloat over other people's misfortunes but it couldn't happen to a nicer fella & is obviously why he was so desperate to ride on the coat tails of Josh's career & willing to bleat to the press at every opportunity - he must've made a decent living over the years & managed to lose it all, no sympathy whatsoever I'm afraid
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 19:20   #5
Senior Member+

Who is this Dean Windass fellow?
KiTChener likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 15:14   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Who is this Dean Windass fellow?
in Hull the local drunk.
Old 05-10-2016, 18:34   #7
Senior Member+

Some horrible comments on this thread

Mr.T please close the thread down

To the Windass family, I apologise on behalf of the club for some of the sickening comments from a minority of 'fans' and wish you well for the future.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 19:04   #8
God Member

I don't need anyone apologising to anyone else on my behalf thank you! If I thought I'd said anything wrong I'm quite capable of saying sorry all by myself - everyone's entitled to their opinion & if you think Windass senior's an ok bloke, fair enough - doesn't mean you've the right to apologise for other people's opinions

cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-10-2016, 19:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

To the Windass family, I apologise on behalf of the club for some of the sickening comments from a minority of 'fans' and wish you well for the future.
Sickening comments ?? Get a grip, someones living beyond their means if they owe £150,000 !!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 19:29   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Since when have you been able to speak on behalf of the club? surely yer not that far up yer own arse?
Old 05-10-2016, 19:56   #11

The guy suffers from alcoholism and depression. He's down on his luck after being the sort of player I'd have thought many Stanley fans would have admired. He's also Josh's dad who probably wants the best for him even if it was at our expense.

I'm largely with Dav007 on wishing him well - although not on his request to take the thread down.

Now, if it had been Alex Ferguson....
DAV007 and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 20:02   #12
I am Banned

Karma really is the B word
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 21:05   #13

Gentlemen,
There are always two sides to every story. Can I suggest before anyone starts throwing stones, they read the article from the Hull Daily Mail, which throws some light on the background to this media headline. This is about a business investment which was quite legal at the time, but has since been outlawed by our friends at HMRC. Other major football celebrities such as Gary Lineker and Wayne Rooney were also involved in similar business 'investments'.
There have been several occasions over the past few years when our beloved club itself teetered on the verge of bankruptcy, so perhaps we should all remember the old adage about 'people who live in glass houses'.
When it comes to a battle between HMRC and Joe Public, I know who's side I'm on!

Hull City legend Dean Windass: 'I'm not a tax dodger' | Hull Daily Mail
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:26   #14
God Member

To be honest, I don't really give a damn how this has come about - sounds like yet more high earners trying to avoid paying their dues to me, something the ordinary person in the street wouldn't get away with.
No Stanley fan will ever forget our battles with the taxman, rattling buckets, midnight vigils etc.but neither do they forget when someone has slagged off our club after we gave their son his chance to get back into league football when nobody else was interested.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:30   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
To be honest, I don't really give a damn how this has come about - sounds like yet more high earners trying to avoid paying their dues to me, something the ordinary person in the street wouldn't get away with.
No Stanley fan will ever forget our battles with the taxman, rattling buckets, midnight vigils etc.but neither do they forget when someone has slagged off our club after we gave their son his chance to get back into league football when nobody else was interested.
Exactly, treat people like they treat you, in my world, DO-Gooders can go get knotted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..