Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2017, 06:47   #76

Re: Yeovil town thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Only if Barnet don't get a result against Notts County tomorrow
Less of a fact and more like fake news from me then. Alternative fact possibly?

My apologies - I feel a clot.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2017, 08:26   #77
Senior Member+

Great point,and wasn't suprised,even wit ten men.
We are looking solid all over the park.
Watched Wigan v Villa yesterday and believe me when I say Pearson would get in both teams !!.
Sorry,I should of said he would "star"in both teams.
Hope the lad fulfills his undoubted talent and Acci get a large sum of money!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 08:44   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I don't rate Donacien , One to release in the summer
How in the good name of Greek big Gary was he at Aston Villa until the age of 23 without them realising he is garbage?
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 10:02   #79

If I were a betting man I'd say Matty P will make it at Championship level. Will be very surprised if he makes it to the Prem. I reckon the Don and Beckles may scrape in at championship clubs too.
Doubt if any other players will get out of div 2.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 10:06   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Matty may well make it into Championship, dont think he will be a regular though, great character, but distribution lets him down imho. Beckles has a better chance to me.
Old 19-03-2017, 11:02   #81

Coley deserves great praise for his brave substitutions so early on. Took Macca off to negate having nine men and shored up the defence. Lads defended stoically and could have even snatched it. Mild disappointment at repelling the Alamo only to concede a routine set piece. However an equaliser was inevitable with the number of crosses flooding in. Billy got nothing given all day and the liner on our side was arguably the worst I've seen. Blatant offsides that nearly resulted in goals due to his inability to keep up with play.
Old 19-03-2017, 11:10   #82
Senior Member+

Whilst I appreciate Scotty Brown has apologised for the tackle and said it will not happen again, that is the third time this season he has been dismissed and watching it on TV last night only enhanced my view, he is a Liability, fact. How many games out of the side will that be now? And McConville, hero to zero in 5 days. If he plays like he played Leyton Orient then fine, but he too is hot-headed. OK Coley saw that he was being impetuous and took him off early, but we cannot afford to loose players for weeks at a time at this stage of the season. Let's see what the end of season brings and the released list.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 11:26   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Matty may well make it into Championship, dont think he will be a regular though, great character, but distribution lets him down imho. Beckles has a better chance to me.
I understand what your saying Cashy,but playing on better pitches with better players he will improve,plus hes got a great engine.
Have to disagree about Beckles,good athlete,decent technique but loses concentration and at an higher level you get punished.
Old 19-03-2017, 11:30   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I understand what your saying Cashy,but playing on better pitches with better players he will improve,plus hes got a great engine.
Have to disagree about Beckles,good athlete,decent technique but loses concentration and at an higher level you get punished.
Fair comment mate,hope yer correct oer Matty, as for beckles does concentration not come better with age @ experience?
football19 likes this.
Old 19-03-2017, 12:26   #85
God Member

Ozzy, yes it was Scott's third red but remember one of those was overturned & ok maybe 2 is still too many but I think liability is a bit strong - over passionate maybe?
As for Sean, hero to zero - really? It did look on the highlights as if he got involved in the melee around the sending off & maybe he should've kept his head but he was helping out a team mate & in the heat of the moment, to be fair, who wouldn't? Don't forget, he was subbed - not sent off
Sadly there are some who, despite the praise Sean deservedly got on Tuesday would have been waiting for him to make a mistake to jump on him again & say 'i told you so'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 12:27   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
... And McConville, hero to zero in 5 days. If he plays like he played Leyton Orient then fine, but he too is hot-headed...
Having watched McMarmite's contribution at the game at Brisbane Road I presume you are talking about last Tuesday's home tie against Orient. .
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 13:12   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fair comment mate,hope yer correct oer Matty, as for beckles does concentration not come better with age @ experience?
Point taken,and I hope your right,but he's not a teenager anymore and there's a reason he's played all his career outside the FL.
Concentration is the only fault I can find !!!,got the rest of the tools required and when coley benched him he's consitantly performed.
A more pressing concern is we have built a solid team,took a while to bed in,but could well lose half of them,keeper,fullbacks,CB etc..
Coley will have to polish his magic wand again
cashman likes this.
Old 19-03-2017, 13:24   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

True but is it not his first season at League level? i think he may surprise a lot of folk if hes acquired the application, i hope he has cos to me hes got the tools.
Old 19-03-2017, 15:26   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
True but is it not his first season at League level? i think he may surprise a lot of folk if hes acquired the application, i hope he has cos to me hes got the tools.
Application/concentration is more or less the same thing, my point was he was 24 before he made his FL debut and I can't explain why !!,he ticks all the boxes and even started scoring
Old 19-03-2017, 15:45   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Application/concentration is more or less the same thing, my point was he was 24 before he made his FL debut and I can't explain why !!,he ticks all the boxes and even started scoring
Yeh i know hes not a kid, not many moons ago nobody thought Vardy would be premiership,so yeh never know.
football19 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..