Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Yeovil town thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/yeovil-town-thread-69025.html)

st06nc2 16-03-2017 17:29

Yeovil town thread

TEAM NEWS: Arron Davies is on crutches with a foot injury, Sean Clare needs further treatment & Janoi Donacien is back in training after flu

Lord Didsbury 16-03-2017 19:41

Re: Yeovil town thread

I'd be very happy with an unchanged team. Yeovil have had a couple of decent results but can't see anything other than a very easy win for us.

4-0 is 50/1 with the bookies. Might be worth a couple of quid on that.

cashman 16-03-2017 19:49

To me unchanged is a must, will be a tough un no doubt at all imho.

Alvin the chipmunk 16-03-2017 20:24

Rest them all and let the kids win 5-0. Then unleash hell for the Morecambe game. ;)

cashman 16-03-2017 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1190128)
Rest them all and let the kids win 5-0. Then unleash hell for the Morecambe game. ;)

Thought Morecambe was a Given?:D

Chewbacca 16-03-2017 21:15

I would take a draw.

Are there tickets on sale for the Arsenal semi final in the cup by the way?

st06nc2 16-03-2017 22:09

He'll probably drop Rodgers for the don

Lord Stiffupperlip 17-03-2017 09:11

Saturday will surely be the litmus test which will prove if our recent form has got legs?
It won't be easy but if we can win again, it will provide that confidence & momentum required for an exciting race to the finishing post.
Could we be the 100/1 outsider coming up on the rails?
Will the favourites fall at the last fence?
After Tuesday night's performance, our boys will surely be up for it.
Can we defy all the odds & pull off a miracle?
Come on you Reds?
YES WE CAN!

Lord Didsbury 17-03-2017 12:27

I doubt if Rogers will be dropped for the Don. I love the Don, but like Sir Alf wouldn't play Greavsie I don't think anything should change at this point.

Lord Stiff - I reckon we've already proved our recent form has got legs. We were already playing pretty well prior to that 4-4 draw at Mansfield, but from that game and the ones since we've just moved up another level PLUS the bad luck we had appears to have deserted us.

It's not like we are a rubbish team that we think might of struck gold with a new formula. Even if we lose on saturday (which we won't) we will still move steadily up the table between now and May.

Lord Stiffupperlip 17-03-2017 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190175)
I doubt if Rogers will be dropped for the Don. I love the Don, but like Sir Alf wouldn't play Greavsie I don't think anything should change at this point.

Lord Stiff - I reckon we've already proved our recent form has got legs. We were already playing pretty well prior to that 4-4 draw at Mansfield, but from that game and the ones since we've just moved up another level PLUS the bad luck we had appears to have deserted us.

Fully agree Lord Diddy.
Harvey 'The Artful Dodger' Rodger's has become indispensable of late.
Of course you're right, Saturday could prove an anti-climax.
But if we win, it could be a 7 coach special to Stevenage come the last day!

Mr T 17-03-2017 16:55

Team have arrived at overnight HQ; bumped into Blackpool players on the services with Morecambe close behind!!

MikeA 17-03-2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1190202)
Team have arrived at overnight HQ; bumped into Blackpool players on the services with Morecambe close behind!!

As long as Morecambe are close behind, that'll do me! :)

yonmon 17-03-2017 17:22

If the rain in Yeovil is as diluvian as here in Rishton and causes a postponement of tomorrow's game, it will be a disgrace ;)

Chrisr 17-03-2017 17:43

There is no real reason that we should not beat Yeovil tomorrow. Whilst No Change is desireable I am surprised we don't play Edwards a little more often. I do think the rotation of our strikers at this time would be a good tactic. We have the players that can deliver at the moment and we should use them wisely. Things seem to have come together at last for us. Let's keep it going.

mab 17-03-2017 20:11

. The man in charge of the fixture will be referee Nigel Miller (County Durham).
Mr Miller will be assisted by Andrew Quin (Devon) and Justin Amey (Dorset). The Fourth Official will be Adam Bromley (Devon).