Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2006, 00:36   #46
God Member

Re: Photo Competition 1

Entwisi why didnt you take your camera with you tonite? Red balls arent there when you playing pool?
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2006, 06:32   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
I don’t know if it’s me KSH but I get the impression that one or two are not following the rules of the comp. Hmm

You are, at the moment only allowed to have two entries per competition and the images are meant to be of your own work, not copied from someone else, we can all do that.
You have the powers that be Len, if theres ant that are obviously copied delete them, yeah it is 2 per person at the min, as mentioned before we could change this, just testing with the 1st month to see what happens. PM sent to the person who has uploaded 4

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2006, 06:54   #48
Resting in Peace

AS len is not around i have deleted the pics from the comp that were copys and not there own work. hope you dont mind len
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2006, 07:00   #49
God Member

Thanks, the only sure way is to get people to upload the image with the exif info but this would stop people entering who use scanned images or digital images from phones. plus people could take a photo of a photo to get the exif info so a bit pointless really

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 22:46   #50
God Member

just bringing this back to the top of new posts/todays posts as the voting seems to have gone very very quiet

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 23:07   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
just bringing this back to the top of new posts/todays posts as the voting seems to have gone very very quiet
Now you've entered my lips, so to speak, I'm sure there'll be a voting frenzy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 23:23   #52
Senior Member+

Well, I think I've made my decision, but, I thought I would hold on until the last pics are in. Happen, everyone else is doing the same thing.
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 23:27   #53
Give, give, give member

Yeah I am too.

I did get carried away and cast my vote, but it seemed a bit premature as there are some more entries now.

Old 23-03-2006, 23:45   #54
Len
God Member

Sadly I’ve been very busy having to do other things the last few days. My pc has not been well.
As for uploading copies into the comp, it’s a bit difficult to tell whose cheating or not, even now there are one or two suspects. hehe.

I suppose it might be an idea if everyone also submitted a title and a brief description about their photos, things like when and where etc. other wise their images may be made void or even deleted.
Adding a description can be done while uploading I think or by editing the image after uploading.

we don’t really want to start deleting images from the albums as it may offended especially if we had got it wrong, apart from the obvious ones of coarse and it could deter folk from entering again.

What say?
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 23:51   #55
Give, give, give member

I didn't cheat

Mine are scanned after rooting under the spare bed, lol.

Old 23-03-2006, 23:55   #56
God Member

and you def know mine isn't a cheat!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 00:15   #57
Senior Member+

Best I put a description here then as I'll really be thrown by trying to edit. Image caught on Saturday afternoon in my apartment by my really ancient Sony Digital Camera. It took around twenty shots trying to get the lighting right and at the end of the day I had two to choose from.

Hope I got it right.

June x
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 09:38   #58
Senior Member+

ive not cheated!! in fact i think mine are still on the camera!! and you can see the date i took them. lol
Old 24-03-2006, 11:25   #59
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
Best I put a description here then as I'll really be thrown by trying to edit. Image caught on Saturday afternoon in my apartment by my really ancient Sony Digital Camera. It took around twenty shots trying to get the lighting right and at the end of the day I had two to choose from.

Hope I got it right.

June x
I’ve added it for you. Hehe
Just click the “edit photo” link under your photo, you can add a description or a title to that image and then just save changes, its easy really, have a look and give it a try.

Its funny...... you’ve only to suggest that there may be one or two suspected cheats and everyone goes on the defensive, just imagine if we were to have deleted them, oh golly.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 16:12   #60
God Member

ive nopt cheated i took both pics myself and before anyone asks they are not kipax's so there!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..