Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2012, 20:36   #1801
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Well played Dave (WM) today, must be your new avatar of your daughter's photo bringing you luck!

Time for a challenge I think between you , me and Steve. Just to liven things up a bit. If we do well enough we could do a collective assault on first place - divide and conquer!!

Name your prize

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 16-01-2012 at 20:40.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2012, 22:32   #1802

Smile Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

[QUOTE=mobertol;962940]They'll come up eventually -in the meanime you just have to get used to the type of question and try to get faster -there are some real speed merchants who play! They have the advantage because they've been playing for years.

Keep at it and don't get demoralised SteveR - every dog has his day, as they say.
well Dianne this chihuaha has been using a netbook laptop (proper small) company freebie,and I am going to keep at it (terrier like.)In the future I am looking for pointers to help me schitzu the answers
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 08:54   #1803
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Time for a challenge I think between you , me and Steve. Just to liven things up a bit. If we do well enough we could do a collective assault on first place - divide and conquer!!

I appear to have come between you today guys, hope you'll forgive me!

Well done Steve - hard luck Dave. I wonder where this puts us in the standings WRT each other?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-01-2012, 08:55   #1804
God Member

[quote=Stevie R;962954]
Quote:
They'll come up eventually -in the meanime you just have to get used to the type of question and try to get faster -there are some real speed merchants who play! They have the advantage because they've been playing for years.

Keep at it and don't get demoralised SteveR - every dog has his day, as they say.
well Dianne this chihuaha has been using a netbook laptop (proper small) company freebie,and I am going to keep at it (terrier like.)In the future I am looking for pointers to help me schitzu the answers
I though I was the one who was "barking" on here!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-01-2012, 16:50   #1805
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well played Dave (WM) today, must be your new avatar of your daughter's photo bringing you luck!

Name your prize
Bring it on dianne i am up for that, as for forming a clique its a bit dodgy on accy web the clique thing
Old 17-01-2012, 19:00   #1806
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Bring it on dianne i am up for that, as for forming a clique its a bit dodgy on accy web the clique thing
My masterplan is to first vanquish you & Dianne and then challenge for top-spot....!
Let today be a shot across your bows.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 19:16   #1807
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Click-click!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-01-2012, 19:18   #1808
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
My masterplan is to first vanquish you & Dianne and then challenge for top-spot....!
Let today be a shot across your bows.

Make sure you don't abandon ship when it counts Steve -think Cap.n Rindy might have a few cutlass blows to aim in our direction yet.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-01-2012, 19:23   #1809
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Make sure you don't abandon ship when it counts Steve -think Cap.n Rindy might have a few cutlass blows to aim in our direction yet.
Anymore of this divide an conquer talk Mr Christian, and you'll be for the plank.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 19:25   #1810
Senior Member+

Oh its like that is it !!! I didn't have you down as a megalomaniac with psychotic tendencies.Shot across your bows , thats fighting talk our steve. Let hostilities begin, you will be squashed under the persistent and relentless march of pure quizzing , you were lucky last month consider yourself warned !!!( and remember the threat of extreme violence still stands).:mad
Old 18-01-2012, 16:00   #1811
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Anymore of this divide an conquer talk Mr Christian, and you'll be for the plank.

Just you try Cap.n Rindy, we'll manage to cast you adrift one day and while you think you can hang us from the yard-arm, we'll be livin' it up in paradise

I'm sure Dave is a dead-ringer for Clark Gable.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 18-01-2012, 16:49   #1812
Full Member+

A swashbuckling performance by me today....like a modern-day Errol Flynn!
Not fast enough to win, though.
Old 18-01-2012, 20:30   #1813
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
A swashbuckling performance by me today....like a modern-day Errol Flynn!
Not fast enough to win, though.
I was impressed though Steve -well done. Errol was pretty fly

'fraid I'm scuppered by the new system though - nothing to separate the wheat from the chaff and throw things in my favour every now and again.

Mixed trivia is good for the speed merchants, not those of us with a finer mind (Lol!)

Think I'll sart grumbling -grumble, grumble, grumble, grumble (rpt x 100)....

I bet no-one notices

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 18-01-2012, 22:10   #1814
Full Member+

Quote:

'fraid I'm scuppered by the new system though - nothing to separate the wheat from the chaff and throw things in my favour every now and again.

Mixed trivia is good for the speed merchants, not those of us with a finer mind (Lol!)

I bet no-one notices
Reckon Sue would echo those sentiments if she were here. Personally I've not had a bad couple of days so can't complain....and we only get the odd sport question now and again.
Old 18-01-2012, 22:12   #1815
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I bet no-one notices
Stop that grumbling.

I'm no longer fast, and you've won a day this month, the same as me.

I'm going to start grumbling, about having to use my non-dominant hand, which is becoming as useless as my right hand.

I'm going to investigate if there's a mouse that can be controlled by my gob.

I'm sure when the quiz first started the subjects came totally randomly.

Perhaps someone set them, and this is the default setting, with individual questions from different subjects.

At least we'll never get a day with ten questions about American college football....so stop the whinging, or you'll get a slap.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..