Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2012, 18:39   #1876
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
The way we go wittering on about this quiz you'd think it was life or death.

Life or death, Dianne its much more important than that (Bill Shankly)
Absolutely was just trying to be un-drammatic. Hope to have equalled you in the standings tomorrow Dave -feel like i'm on a role. (Will undoubtedly have tumble tomorrow now...)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2012, 20:25   #1877
God Member

Welcome back Sue -even though you've already knocked me back a place!!!!!

Eric and I have been Pming trying to get news of you! Hope you are well.....Dxxx

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-01-2012, 08:46   #1878
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Absolutely was just trying to be un-drammatic. Hope to have equalled you in the standings tomorrow Dave -feel like i'm on a role. (Will undoubtedly have tumble tomorrow now...)
Really should stop looking into my crystal ball - i'm right every time -shambles today, only got 6 and was slow

Just as i was catching up to Dave too.....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-01-2012, 22:30   #1879
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I must agree - even though I'd sort of promised myself no more grumbling.

Prefer a bit more of a challenge and not just a speed trial -even though I've had my "moments" like Dave recently.

I can't really speak for Rindy, but i have feeling that he'd prefer more of an "inellectual" challenge too (at least I hope so!).

BTW anyone had any news of Sue? Asked Eric -but she hadn't even let him know she'd had to go in hospital.

I tried looking on google as her surname is Creasey but didn't come up with anything...either.
I love the way you mention grumbling and then think of me - I wonder why?

Didn't pm Eric or anyone else about going into hospital - it was literally go now for this blood transfusion or else from my GP on the phone so I didn't have time. Only just managed to post the message on here, felt I had to say something or you might think I'd been abducted by aliens!
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 22:58   #1880
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aliens don't abduct accy lasses, they aint that daft.
Old 26-01-2012, 08:31   #1881
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I love the way you mention grumbling and then think of me - I wonder why?

Didn't pm Eric or anyone else about going into hospital - it was literally go now for this blood transfusion or else from my GP on the phone so I didn't have time. Only just managed to post the message on here, felt I had to say something or you might think I'd been abducted by aliens!
Don't be offended Sue -my psycho-analyst says i have a long way to go yet and there is a lot about me that even "Freudian" theory finds unfathomable!

The alien abduction theory in the case of your sudden disppearence was my next line of inquiry!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 26-01-2012, 20:06   #1882
God Member

Well, bad day again. Will never play the Accyweb quiz before mid-day again. Never again while watching a Grand Slam semi-final for sure....

Swear it upon my life or those of my children! Lol! As if.....

Can we please have categories again -not that i want to grumble -because if i do i have to mention Sue! B+ççér!!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 26-01-2012, 20:29   #1883
Full Member+

Quote:
Well, bad day again. Will never play the Accyweb quiz before mid-day again. Never again while watching a Grand Slam semi-final for sure....

Swear it upon my life or those of my children! Lol! As if.....

Can we please have categories again -not that i want to grumble -because if i do i have to mention Sue! B+ççér!!
I agree - the questions seem a bit "watered down" at present. Hopefully this Fun Trivia lark is just a temporary thing.

BTW bad luck today, looks like you've blown it for this month...!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 21:13   #1884
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I agree - the questions seem a bit "watered down" at present. Hopefully this Fun Trivia lark is just a temporary thing.

BTW bad luck today, looks like you've blown it for this month...!!
Never say never Steve!

I have my "hole in the brain " moments. But they are temporary in theory and shouldn't compromise the whole month!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-01-2012, 15:27   #1885
God Member

Just had a peek at todays' quiz, played later, new tactic, apart from watching the tennis it gave time for my Migraine to be slightly dimmed by some pain-killers (it's been coming on for the last couple of days)

No-one has scored a 10 yet -my guess is that the sporty question is the one that's causing problems.

Steve you've beaten me again, but Dave has done worse so i don't know where that will leave us in tomorrow's standings. My mum has been storming up over the last few days and is first again so far. SteveR, NS and Mancie still to play though.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-01-2012, 16:59   #1886
Full Member+

Either these questions or too easy or we're all geniuses....!

....anyway, the main thing is I'm now top in our unofficial "mini league"
Better luck tomorrow Dianne & Dave.
Old 27-01-2012, 17:15   #1887
God Member

Quote:
Either these questions or too easy or we're all geniuses....!

....anyway, the main thing is I'm now top in our unofficial "mini league"
Better luck tomorrow Dianne & Dave.
You won't be top for long Steve -mark my words!!!

Did you get the sport one wrong?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-01-2012, 17:21   #1888
Full Member+

Quote:
You won't be top for long Steve -mark my words!!!

Did you get the sport one wrong?
Yep, twas the sport one....!

Also, I'm usually a bit slower at the weekend cos I'm on the laptop at home.....so anything can happen in the next 48 hrs!!
Old 27-01-2012, 17:39   #1889
God Member

Quote:
Yep, twas the sport one....!

Also, I'm usually a bit slower at the weekend cos I'm on the laptop at home.....so anything can happen in the next 48 hrs!!
What, you mean you usually do the quiz when you're suposed to be working

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-01-2012, 18:10   #1890
Full Member+

Quote:
What, you mean you usually do the quiz when you're suposed to be working
One of the perks of being a Traffic Warden!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..