Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2012, 17:14   #1936
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Yep!
I originally joined AW to see if I could find any info on Bank House which used to be where my street is now. That was before I became embroiled in this quiz!....which, btw, needs making a bit tougher.
Talking to mum earlier and she said she's finding it a bit boring with all Mixed Trivia. On today's I'd already seen a few of the questions before but i suppose that's bound to happen the more you play.

One good thing for me this month has been seeing that i can get faster. Still don't know how NS did it so quick though!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2012, 17:42   #1937
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
talking to mum earlier and she said she's finding it a bit boring with all mixed trivia. On today's i'd already seen a few of the questions before but i suppose that's bound to happen the more you play.

One good thing for me this month has been seeing that i can get faster. Still don't know how ns did it so quick though!
bring back the random catagories!!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 18:09   #1938

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

What happened to random catagories? Not sure i like mixed trivia,even though i am on lucky run at moment!
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 18:51   #1939
Senior Member+

In my case its Quickly Exiting Competition, and yes bring back random categories.
Old 29-01-2012, 19:07   #1940
Give, give, give member

Quote:
bring back the random catagories!!!!
They weren't random.

The quiz mistress has to choose which catagories we get each day, apparently.

I'm sure when it first started the catagories, sport, people, religion etc, came along randomly, on different days.

Email our quiz mistress, asking for a change, and she'll more than likely oblige.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 09:51   #1941
Resting In Peace

Anyone else having trouble accessing the quiz? The site seems to have completely died, keep getting server error even on trying to get the open quizzes.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 10:01   #1942
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Anyone else having trouble accessing the quiz? The site seems to have completely died, keep getting server error even on trying to get the open quizzes.
It's been like that since it closed for half an hour to reboot.

Leave it for a while.

I'm sure as soon as it's time to go into the office, those Yanks will sort it out.

Old 30-01-2012, 10:49   #1943
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just a warning, if anyone's as daft as me.

I normally play after my breakfast, and second coffee, about 8.45.

Twice now, I've played just after 9.30. After it's been rebooting, or whatever it does, when it closes for thirty minutes, between 9 - 9.30.

I always click Standing, then go back to the main page, to check it's working.

Which it was. Everything was fine, until I tried to click submit.

Kept pressing for ages, until it worked. Just as it did the other day, at this time.

Be warned. Don't play just after the quiz is rebooting.

Sod's law.

Whizzed through today, fastest I've played for ages.

Won't be doing it again, at that time.

First visited at 9.28, it was rebooting. Tried for 2 hours to get on the site but got server error. Then when it finally came up the time had already started, and then couldn't submit. Result time of 137 secs, not a happy bunny.

10 minutes later, still can't access standings or comment box.

Last edited by susie123; 30-01-2012 at 10:51.
Old 30-01-2012, 10:55   #1944
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
First visited at 9.28, it was rebooting. Tried for 2 hours to get on the site but got server error. Then when it finally came up the time had already started, and then couldn't submit. Result time of 137 secs, not a happy bunny.
I've had the same problem though I was only going on to have a look! Am on son's laptop and he has a crummy mouse so I'm waiting till other son get's off my laptop so i can try and whiz through it again.

Will probably make a super cock-up today now I've said that!

Only have 2 days to catch up with Steve - gone up to 6th place today overall so the challenge is still on!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-01-2012, 11:23   #1945
Full Member+

Quote:
I've had the same problem though I was only going on to have a look! Am on son's laptop and he has a crummy mouse so I'm waiting till other son get's off my laptop so i can try and whiz through it again.

Will probably make a super cock-up today now I've said that!

Only have 2 days to catch up with Steve - gone up to 6th place today overall so the challenge is still on!
You'll never do it...!

Just checked the Trivia site and it does seem to be very "sluggish".
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 11:37   #1946
Resting In Peace

Quote:
You'll never do it...!

Just checked the Trivia site and it does seem to be very "sluggish".
Sluggish ain't the word Steve. Frustratingly slow or non-existent. Getting really p ed off with this on top of the crap questions. If it now depends on speed rather than knowledge it would be nice if the speed were reliable.

I know, more grumbles, never satisfied, have thought of giving up completely but can't, must be addicted...
Old 30-01-2012, 11:48   #1947
God Member

I have quite enjoyed the change this month - means I've been able to concentrate on getting some speed going.

For me to finish in 60 seconds was a real feat and seemed almost impossible when I first started.

A bit of variation in categories makes it more interesting I suppose, but I didn't realise the quiz master had to intevene every day to choose them for us (post#1940), that's quite a chore I imagine!

Still haven't played yet -not back on my own computer.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-01-2012, 14:32   #1948
God Member

Can't get on to play the Quiz today - keeps coming up with Internal server Error.

Any suggestions -it's sooooo frustrating, need to play today to stand a chance of catching up with Steve.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 30-01-2012, 16:38   #1950
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I have quite enjoyed the change this month - means I've been able to concentrate on getting some speed going.

For me to finish in 60 seconds was a real feat and seemed almost impossible when I first started.

A bit of variation in categories makes it more interesting I suppose, but I didn't realise the quiz master had to intevene every day to choose them for us (post#1940), that's quite a chore I imagine!

Still haven't played yet -not back on my own computer.
No, I think she has to set it to default, which it is presently, with questions supposedly drawn from all catagories of subjects, or weekly, as it was before. Religion Sunday, Sports Monday etc.

There's quite a few catagories we've yet to have, Geography, People etc.

If people are miffed, message the quiz hostess, I'm sure she'll change them again.

The site's still down. Never done this before.

Haven't slept, so played earlier today, at sixish. Was ok then.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..