Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2013, 12:55   #541
Resting in Peace

Re: Christian Science

K99 is defo a pork pie short of a picnic
Restless likes this.
Old 16-11-2013, 12:59   #542
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
isnt tom cruise a follower of a similar cult but like a millionairs version of it ...?
Tom Cruise is in the Scientology cult nothing to do with Christianity nor do they believe in Jesus Christ at all - but believe in something to do with Aliens coming down to earth and brainwashing the human race... you have to pay them to get rid of the brain washing!
Old 16-11-2013, 16:14   #543
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Tell that to Brother Cadfael.
My hero! Years ago before it closed down I visited the reproduction of his garden and workshope in Shrewsbury. It was great, very hands on, you could make a medieval manuscript and get really messy. Shame they didn't have the money to keep it going, it was very educational as well as fun.

More recently I won second prize in a Cadfael competition, some books about his garden and some other things. The first prize was a trjp to Hungary to watch the programme being filmed.
Old 16-11-2013, 16:33   #544
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
The tolerance peddlers are exposed as frauds when you consider that they simply will not practice what they preach—at least toward those annoyingly stubborn Christians!
Good evening .

Well I don't know what you mean by the above words , and I don't understand what you are trying to achieve on this forum .

You are certainly doing no credit to the cause of spreading the Gospel to which you seem to adhere .

Yes , I am being stubborn again , and will continue to be until you answer the questions I have posed you I don't know how many times .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 16-11-2013, 16:58   #545

I just had a look round the rest of the site and found all your familiar faces there too. I found it so refreshing. It was like meeting old friends again. I wonder if I ever meet any of you in the street in Accrington. I shall be wearing a red carnation. You must introduce yourselves or you could post your pics and I could do the introductions.
Old 16-11-2013, 17:30   #546
Senior Member+

Like I said. Just go into the railway on a Saturday and look for two dodgy looking old men
Old 16-11-2013, 17:44   #547
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Like I said. Just go into the railway on a Saturday and look for two dodgy looking old men
And a duck
Old 16-11-2013, 17:45   #548
JFT96

Quote:
I just had a look round the rest of the site and found all your familiar faces there too. I found it so refreshing. It was like meeting old friends again. I wonder if I ever meet any of you in the street in Accrington. I shall be wearing a red carnation. You must introduce yourselves or you could post your pics and I could do the introductions.
You really are trying to wind people up arn't you?

No don't answer, it would spoil it

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Old 16-11-2013, 18:03   #549
Senior Member+

Quote:
The tolerance peddlers are exposed as frauds when you consider that they simply will not practice what they preach—at least toward those annoyingly stubborn Christians. They are absolutely unwilling to “tolerate” the Christian premise that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. For them to acknowledge this would necessarily refute their concept of tolerance, which holds that all ideas are of equal merit. In their infinite resourcefulness, they carve out an exception to their demand for universal tolerance when it comes to their treatment of Christians.
To them, Christianity’s exclusive truth claims are simply beyond the pale—so bad as to disqualify Christians from receiving tolerance from others. One secularist university administrator, for instance, disciplined a conservative professor for exposing her class to literature from a Christian viewpoint, which included an article about how teachers should approach homosexuality. The administrator exclaimed, “We cannot tolerate the intolerable.” You see, it’s fairly easy for these types to extricate themselves from their indefensible positions. They simply move the goalposts. Talk about defining truth through power!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Good evening .

Well I don't know what you mean by the above words , and I don't understand what you are trying to achieve on this forum .

You are certainly doing no credit to the cause of spreading the Gospel to which you seem to adhere .

Yes , I am being stubborn again , and will continue to be until you answer the questions I have posed you I don't know how many times .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Allow me to translate for you JCB the thrust of it is WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE WIBBLE which makes about as much sense as Mr Ks' load of old pony hope this helps
Old 16-11-2013, 18:50   #550
God Member

Quote:
The tolerance peddlers are exposed as frauds when you consider that they simply will not practice what they preach—at least toward those annoyingly stubborn Christians. They are absolutely unwilling to “tolerate” the Christian premise that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. For them to acknowledge this would necessarily refute their concept of tolerance, which holds that all ideas are of equal merit. In their infinite resourcefulness, they carve out an exception to their demand for universal tolerance when it comes to their treatment of Christians.
To them, Christianity’s exclusive truth claims are simply beyond the pale—so bad as to disqualify Christians from receiving tolerance from others. One secularist university administrator, for instance, disciplined a conservative professor for exposing her class to literature from a Christian viewpoint, which included an article about how teachers should approach homosexuality. The administrator exclaimed, “We cannot tolerate the intolerable.” You see, it’s fairly easy for these types to extricate themselves from their indefensible positions. They simply move the goalposts. Talk about defining truth through power!
What you seem unwilling to understand is that your kind of born-again, praise jeeeezus Christianity is irrelevant. (Unless of course you live in those parts of the U.S. where they have greeting cards which say: "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad".) Nobody with even half a brain gives it any thought at all. In fact, not too many folks give all that much thought to homosexuality ... you mentioned it by the way ... any more, except maybe some politicians wishing to get votes ... It's a fact of life, always has been, always will be. Of course, those not dealing from a full deck consider that gays pose a greater threat than all the nuclear warheads in the world ... that's including the ones the Russian mob have sold to assorted lunatics. I still can't fathom why naz ... oops ... ultra-conservative Christians are so fascinated by gay sexuality. It's probably all they talk about as they sit around planning an assasination of a doctor who performs abortions.

And please don't quote the Bible in rebuttal ... that too is irrelevant, except as a work of literary art.

Face it Kevin, your religion is irrelevant, and so are you. I trust that you have a human side. But not once have you shewn it in your posts. Even your praise of your wife is filched from the Bible. If I wished to tell a woman, "I love you", I wouldn't reach for the damned Bible. I would give her a huge hug (oops, wandering to another thread) and say "I love you."
susie123 and Stevie R like this.
Old 16-11-2013, 19:01   #551

K99, I see you still keep cropping up – which is your prerogative as long as you stay within the boundaries and rules – even though you went quiet for a while there, and I suppose that by others also taking part in this thread it is feeding your ego – or whatever. Definitely not your humility – which seems to be in scarce supply. But that is our prerogative also until such times as the Administrators say enough is enough and pull the plug, if indeed they ever do. I hope they don’t.

However, I have read and reread some of your comments – and continue to be amazed how easily you skirt round issues without giving any proper answers. Just gobbledygook.

I take it you STILL haven’t visited the cancer wards of a Children’s Hospital – or any Ward if it comes to that, and seen the dreadful suffering of these innocent ones – then asked ‘why?’...

...now for some more gobbledygook.
Old 16-11-2013, 20:35   #552

You really do miss me dotti. I guess it's withdrawal symptoms from my irresistible charm. I am still breathing. They tell me I have another ten years left but I sincerely hope not as the best is yet to be.
Old 16-11-2013, 20:41   #553

Hi Eric,
You really do offer me praise for your observation. I don't think I have ever mentioned my new birth but thanks for noticing it anyway. Praise his holy name.
Old 16-11-2013, 20:46   #554

When I was first married my new wife offered to let me go out with the boys one night a week but I said I would rather stop at home with her. I think she liked that.
Old 16-11-2013, 21:42   #555

re K99's posting 552. My first reaction was to say a sarcastic 'ha ha ha ha ha' - a response to your very warped sense of humour.
On second thought I have decided you must be a very sad, lonely man - albeit egotistical - and if you are waiting to find what is coming to you after life (notice I didn't say in the after-life which is a load of cobblers!) and even looking forward to it, then all I can say is that you must not be enjoying a fulfilling life in the here and now.....

...AND YOU ARE STILL SKIRTING THE ISSUES!!!!!!!!
susie123 likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..