Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2013, 10:25   #571
JFT96

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I have God's assurance and since he is in charge, YES HE IS IN CHARGE, we have a duty to love him as he loves us. We are not only assured that there is an anti-christ; his evidence is all about us to see, but we also have a Saviour who died for us. How can anyone be lonely in such circumstances?
Here is a easy question for you, K,

Can you show me any hard proof of the existance of God?

I am all ears
dotti34 and Alan Varrechia like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2013, 11:09   #572
JFT96

Quote:
Now I know you are trolling JCB keeping repeating the same questions over and over again. I answered your questions many pages back and have no intention of repeating them again as the Moderator will probably edit them out as he has done with other perfectly legitimate posts. You are watching censored material.
Actually:
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Asking a simple question is not Trolling, however talking down to the rest of us, making statements regarding our Education, Ethnicity, Threatening members, etc IS TROLLING. It is also something you have been doing quite a bit on here.

Old 17-11-2013, 11:55   #573
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well, it's Sunday, so I suppose the God botherer has gone off for a dose of Salvation no doubt soon to return to us with his version of the truth reinforced by being surrounded by others of his ilk.

He has mentioned that he is of C of E persuasion, proudly boasting that it is our queens religion and she is the leader.

I was born to parents of that faith, I have never understood basing a religion on the wishes of a King that had less morals than a Tom cat.

He was an adultress, murdering, spoilt brat that only started the Church so he could get his end away and steal the money from the Abbeys.

Not really alot there to recommend it, but then looking around at the heads of other religions, history seems to like that sort of guy in charge of peoples Earthly souls.
Boeing Guy and dotti34 like this.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:24   #574
JFT96

I had not thought of it like that, good old Henry VIII.

Old 17-11-2013, 12:32   #575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, it's Sunday, so I suppose the God botherer has gone off for a dose of Salvation no doubt soon to return to us with his version of the truth reinforced by being surrounded by others of his ilk.

He has mentioned that he is of C of E persuasion, proudly boasting that it is our queens religion and she is the leader.

I was born to parents of that faith, I have never understood basing a religion on the wishes of a King that had less morals than a Tom cat.

He was an adultress, murdering, spoilt brat that only started the Church so he could get his end away and steal the money from the Abbeys.

Not really alot there to recommend it, but then looking around at the heads of other religions, history seems to like that sort of guy in charge of peoples Earthly souls.
Be careful Less, look what MI6 did to The Queen of Hearts. You may be heading for the direction of the Tower to be incarcerated or maybe crashed into a concrete pillar. Having once complained to a Bishop and told to shove off (or words to that effect) I am hardly a Church of England adherent. It is true that at the Reformation it was probably the best church around but even then it was far from perfect. Indeed all churches are far from perfect. It has been said that if one found a perfect one then it would become imperfect the day we walked in the door.

I am a bible believing Christian. That means that I can be at one with anyone filling that description. Many people say they believe the bible, that is until they come to a bit that criticises them. That is when they make their excuses. There is a sentence in the bible that is so true. "They all of one accord began to make excuse." (Luke 14:18). Differing versions alter the wording slightly but they all mean the same thing.

I came to God at the height of the Charismatic revival. It was then that I had my eyes opened and ears unstopped. The bible that up to that time was a mystery and an enigma, suddenly was opened to me by the power of the Holy Spirit. Instead of being some old musty volume, the bible suddenly became alive and I read it like a best selling novel. This surely must be the power of God. As Ezekiel says, "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

People reject God but in its place they just get misery. The The Holy Spirit is replaced by the bottle of spirits. Come now , and let us reason together , saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:40   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Here is a easy question for you, K,

Can you show me any hard proof of the existance of God?

I am all ears
Hi there Boing Guy,

It's not your ears you need right now but your eyes. Look all around you.

Isaiah 49:18-20
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
18 Look up. Look all around you.
All of your people are getting together
to come back to you.
You can be sure that I live,”
announces the Lord.
“And you can be just as sure that your people
will be like decorations you will wear.
Like a bride, you will wear them proudly.
19 “Zion, you were destroyed. Your land was left empty.
It was turned into a dry and empty desert.
But now you will be too small to hold all of your people.
And those who destroyed you will be far away.
20 The children who were born during your time of sorrow
will speak to you. They will say,
‘This city is too small for us.
Give us more space to live in.’
Old 17-11-2013, 12:41   #577
JFT96

Any time your ready K

Can you show me any hard proof of the existence of God?

While we are at it you can answer JCB's question

Old 17-11-2013, 12:43   #578

Quote:
I came to God at the height of the Charismatic revival.
Was that in the 60's lots of free love and plenty of weed?

You'll get on very well with Kestrex.

As for fears of the Queens retribution I would fear that far more than God's wrath but she doesn't post much on here anymore so she's not likely to read this.

Though I suppose there is less
chance of MI6 turning up at my door,
than men in white coats turning up at yours,

Bless!
Boeing Guy and Stevie R like this.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:47   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hey, it's not a problem, thats what profiles are for.
An African Warrior? Well I can only take that as a compliment, they were a noble people until the Missionarys arrived and tainted their land.
For thousands of years they made a very good living out of their own Countries.
What thanks to the forcing of Christianity is now left them with? Greedy dictators and starvation?

Still, you won't mind, the missionarys were only spreading the word of God and poverty and disease, they can't even catch their own fish because your lot stole their nets to become 'fishers of men'.

Now we none-Christians are having to give to charities to right the wrongs your people did in his name.
By all means give to charities Less if it make you feel good. I personally think that charities in Britain are redundant as we pay taxes to support a welfare state. At one time the church made it part of its task to feed the hungry but now the state has taken over the task. Many appear to be in want but they still keep their computers and ISP to say nothing of the TV.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:50   #580

These posts become weirder by the day..
Less, Boeing Guy, dotti34 and 1 others like this.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:51   #581
JFT96

Quote:
By all means give to charities Less if it make you feel good. I personally think that charities in Britain are redundant as we pay taxes to support a welfare state. At one time the church made it part of its task to feed the hungry but now the state has taken over the task. Many appear to be in want but they still keep their computers and ISP to say nothing of the TV.
Very charitable

What about poverty in the Third World?, which was doing very well until the Missionary's arrived......

On the subject of questions, I refer you to post #577

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 17-11-2013 at 12:53.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:53   #582

Quote:
to say nothing of the TV.
Feel free to say nothing of the TV.

In fact, feel free to say nothing.
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 17-11-2013, 12:55   #583
JFT96

Quote:
Hi there Boing Guy,

It's not your ears you need right now but your eyes. Look all around you.

Isaiah 49:18-20
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
18 Look up. Look all around you.
All of your people are getting together
to come back to you.
You can be sure that I live,”
announces the Lord.
“And you can be just as sure that your people
will be like decorations you will wear.
Like a bride, you will wear them proudly.
19 “Zion, you were destroyed. Your land was left empty.
It was turned into a dry and empty desert.
But now you will be too small to hold all of your people.
And those who destroyed you will be far away.
20 The children who were born during your time of sorrow
will speak to you. They will say,
‘This city is too small for us.
Give us more space to live in.’
Nope not enough, I sad HARD EVIDENCE, you know the sort that cannot be disputed in a Laboratory.

Still waiting

Old 17-11-2013, 13:02   #584

Matthew 16
New International Version (NIV)
The Demand for a Sign

16 The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

2 He replied, “When evening comes, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,’ 3 and in the morning, ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.[a] 4 A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away.

The Yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees

5 When they went across the lake, the disciples forgot to take bread. 6 “Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

7 They discussed this among themselves and said, “It is because we didn’t bring any bread.”

8 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, “You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread? 9 Do you still not understand? Don’t you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 10 Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 11 How is it you don’t understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Old 17-11-2013, 13:15   #585

Quote:
Hi there Boing Guy,

I notice that you seem to be attempting to hide insults in what could almost be termed humour?

A dig at my profile piccy and comparing it to some native African, ( no doubt one that would prefer not to be one of Gods little children if he knows what's good for him) and now changing Boeing Guy into Boing, a real rib tickler that one, you must have had divine intervention to allow such subtlety in one of your posts.
Boeing Guy and Stevie R like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..