Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2013, 12:51   #631
God Member

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why did this 'perfect being' in who's image we have been created, make it necessary for us to invent toilet paper?

A profound question indeed ... I'm still trying to figure out why HE created Justin Bieber ... maybe the answer is simple. We had to invent toilet paper so that our hands wouldn't stick together while we were praying
Less and jaysay like this.
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2013, 18:01   #632
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

See DAW9RK9, ain't been quite so prolific lately? Do you think he may be getting the message at last?
Old 19-11-2013, 19:11   #633
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi Neil,

Again I have been misquoted. Somebody asked why I left a certain site and I replied that the site owners had gone AWOL and that is why it closed down. I certainly did not brag about it since I was top poster there by a long way.
Even if you were top poster doesn't mean you had anything to say.
Old 19-11-2013, 20:43   #634
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Even if you were top poster doesn't mean you had anything to say.
Religious people are just desperate liars trying to prove they are never wrong.
kestrelx and susie123 like this.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:06   #635
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Religious people are just desperate liars trying to prove they are never wrong.
Me ... I'm not opposed to religious folk ... just extremist, fundamentalist fruit cakes like Kevin ... Hi Kevin ... . Some religions have more than there fair share ... Islam and Christianity (in that order) spring immediately into my early-morning, need-another-coffee mind.

But arguments about religion usually go nowhere, because many have their minds made up; and most don't give a flying you-know-what.

So, Kevin, "you have [posted here] too long for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
Restless, Gremlin and susie123 like this.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:24   #636
I am Banned

There's some things are more important than religion Eric.

BBC News - Jammie Dodger firm Burton's Foods sold for £350m

Just don't mess with the recipe
Restless likes this.
Old 20-11-2013, 17:17   #637
Resting in Peace

What I hate is people like Kevin coming on sites like this spouting religion, if I want to talk about religion I'll log onto St. Mary's web site
Less, Restless and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 20-11-2013, 17:47   #638
Senior Member+

Have you noticed that his ID is of a very similar format to an earlier prat that we had on here?
Old 20-11-2013, 18:29   #639
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Have you noticed that his ID is of a very similar format to an earlier prat that we had on here?
Oh Lawdy!!! It's the second coming ....... maybe? I did mention pretty much the same point back at post 100.
Old 20-11-2013, 18:46   #640
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh Lawdy!!! It's the second coming ....... maybe? I did mention pretty much the same point back at post 100.
I don't think he is, he is just a naughty, naughty boy.
Restless likes this.
Old 20-11-2013, 19:30   #641
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't think he is, he is just a naughty, naughty boy.
God will forgive him!
Old 20-11-2013, 21:28   #642
Senior Member+

Oh no he won't!
Restless likes this.
Old 21-11-2013, 10:46   #643
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
What I hate is people like Kevin coming on sites like this spouting religion, if I want to talk about religion I'll log onto St. Mary's web site
Then don't read and respond to religious threads. It's only the same as not going on church web sites and let them die off instead of keeping them going
DAV007 likes this.
Old 21-11-2013, 12:21   #644
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Then don't read and respond to religious threads. It's only the same as not going on church web sites and let them die off instead of keeping them going
A nice theory Neil, unfortunately these unwelcome posters can create greater problems, ignore him and he being obsessed will take it as he has found an audience then if he has any friends of similar ilk he tells them about us.
Suddenly every thread will have a God botherer, explaining how it's the will of God and putting chapter and verse in to prove their point.
Better to let him know his way of thinking isn't the way forward on this site than lose the site to these nutters.
cashman and Restless like this.
Old 21-11-2013, 17:23   #645
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A nice theory Neil, unfortunately these unwelcome posters can create greater problems, ignore him and he being obsessed will take it as he has found an audience then if he has any friends of similar ilk he tells them about us.
Suddenly every thread will have a God botherer, explaining how it's the will of God and putting chapter and verse in to prove their point.
Better to let him know his way of thinking isn't the way forward on this site than lose the site to these nutters.
Don't shout at Neil Less, on here is the only place he can throw his weight about

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..