Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2014, 09:00   #661
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I am glad you asked this question, gpick. God has decreed that while WE were yet sinners (yes all of us) he sent his son into the world to die for us. He shed his blood for us because that is what God demands as the atonement for sin. We have until we die or when he comes again (whichever comes first) to repent of our sins. After that comes the judgment!

PS. Repent doesn't mean just be sorry for what WE have done but to turn again to the right path.
More mindnumbing rote.
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2014, 09:13   #662

Posted by Less Quote:
"Tealeaf
God Member
Until then, try your best to resist the temptation to collect souls, I'm playing the free will card, so if I'm wrong You're God will have to forgive me because religion isn't compulsory and he hasn't shown me the light."

Isn't God wonderful, Less for not making religion compulsory? He wants us to actually want him and be with him forever. However, there is a sting in the tail—the judgment! Keep watching this space if you want to see the light.

Reading back through the past posts, I can't help feeling that Neil is the bright one as he has seen the truth of the matter. God bless.
Old 20-03-2014, 09:18   #663

Quote:

Isn't God wonderful, Less for not making religion compulsory? He wants us to actually want him and be with him forever. However, there is a sting in the tail—the judgment! Keep watching this space if you want to see the light.
No, he is part of a made up book poorly put together and less convincing than Harry Potter, a flying Ford Anglia?

Oh mighty prophet J. K. Rowling, I believe!
Old 20-03-2014, 09:28   #664
JCB

K99WARD , now that you have appeared back on the scene , perhaps you will do the courtesy of answering my questions addressed to you regarding what you said on this thread and on another last November , questions you avoided answering .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 20-03-2014, 09:58   #665
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A bit early in the year to be handing out awards Margaret.

I suppose it depends when you start you year...if we go from Spring Equinox to Spring Equinox, then it is late in the year and you would certainly get the award....... from me, at any rate.
Old 20-03-2014, 10:35   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
K99WARD , now that you have appeared back on the scene , perhaps you will do the courtesy of answering my questions addressed to you regarding what you said on this thread and on another last November , questions you avoided answering .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Hi JCB,
I wonder if you are related to the "dancing diggers" or could that be construed as advertising? Ah! Well it is get '99' week. I am afraid that the answer to your question is true. Of course one isn't forbidden to quote the commandments of God but I don't really want to sandpaper anybody's ulcers. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. Anybody who goes to PSBC (sorry I had to abbreviate it as it wouldn't like to upset those who rule in this world), would soon find out that nobody can obey the commandments of God all the time. They are a sort of signpost to the way ahead. A new commandment I (God) give to you that you love one another as I (God) have loved you. God so loved us that he sent his only son in the world to take your sin and mine on his shoulders. Greater love hath no man shown but a man lay down his life for his friends.
Old 20-03-2014, 10:45   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No, he is part of a made up book poorly put together and less convincing than Harry Potter, a flying Ford Anglia?

Oh mighty prophet J. K. Rowling, I believe!
Never having read "Harry Potter" I am not qualified to make a judgment on that but the Christian faith hangs solely on God's word. We have no other inspired source. Everything pivots on whether we believe the scriptures. It may surprise you to know that not all who claim to be Christian believe it either. Us Christians call them 'professors' whereas us believers are termed' possessors'. :-)

As to Ford Anglias (is that advertising too?), I once hired one and made it fly quite a few times.
Old 20-03-2014, 10:52   #668
JCB

Quote:
Hi JCB,
I wonder if you are related to the "dancing diggers" or could that be construed as advertising? Ah! Well it is get '99' week. I am afraid that the answer to your question is true. Of course one isn't forbidden to quote the commandments of God but I don't really want to sandpaper anybody's ulcers. Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. Anybody who goes to PSBC (sorry I had to abbreviate it as it wouldn't like to upset those who rule in this world), would soon find out that nobody can obey the commandments of God all the time. They are a sort of signpost to the way ahead. A new commandment I (God) give to you that you love one another as I (God) have loved you. God so loved us that he sent his only son in the world to take your sin and mine on his shoulders. Greater love hath no man shown but a man lay down his life for his friends.
So amid your obfuscation are you saying that it is true that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 20-03-2014, 11:08   #669
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This is the downside of places like Brockhall n Calderstones closing.
Old 20-03-2014, 11:14   #670
Senior Member+

Tell me some more about GOD and how I can get involved K99WARD,it's fascinating stuff

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 20-03-2014, 11:15   #671
Senior Member+

Don't get the weirdo going again
Old 20-03-2014, 11:40   #672

Christian Science

Quote:
Ah! Well it is get '99' week.
Only because you aren't welcome, you went away, we thought no more about you. Now, you've been impolite enough to return.
Go away again, stay away, then you won't be got at.
None of us need you, go forth and be extinct, like the many others that have been murdered by your wickedly twisted religion.
Old 20-03-2014, 12:00   #673

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Tell me some more about GOD and how I can get involved K99WARD,it's fascinating stuff

Please, if you wish to know more about his God, read the thread from where he blundered across us, don't just jump in because you think it a fun thing to extract the pee (even if it is).
Old 20-03-2014, 12:04   #674

Christian Science

Have you seen this man? Isn't he a boring one track evangelist?
K99WARD likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 12:18   #675
I am Banned

Every picture tells a story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moth-flame.jpg (16.8 KB, 12 views)
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..