Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 23:24   #511
God Member

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

Agree Cashy. if I was in thier position I woulnd never let mine outta sight ever again, esp in another country.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2008, 23:30   #512
Senior Member+

I agree Cashy, if you go on holiday with your kids then they are with you all the time (unless you go with other family members / close friends who may offer to sit for you) I know if I ever get teh chance to go away, and my boys are with me then I will not be leaving them with no siting service no matter how tempting it may be to have an "evening off" im not very big on leaving my kids with someone who I have no idea who they are or of their past etc or their qualifications.

Yes, I do go out without my boys from time to time but when I do go out my boys are either at their dads house, with a family mamber or with a babysitter who is not a stranger to me or my children.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:48   #513
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Agree Cashy. if I was in thier position I woulnd never let mine outta sight ever again, esp in another country.
You would never have let them out of your sight in the first place!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:39   #514
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You would never have let them out of your sight in the first place!!!
Only once when abroad did I leave my daughter with a child minder supplied by the hotel for a couple of hours, and believe me I wouldnt trust them either. My daughters cot where all broken due to bad maintanance and the childminder asllep on my bed with a glass of wine
My daughter heartbroken.
Needless to say she was frogmarched down to reception and sacked on the spot.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 17:31   #515

I try not to judge, but I do find it difficult to comprehend that two well educated people would leave 3 young children alone even for a short while. What if a fire had broken out in the building?

It still seems very strange
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21   #516

"Maddy"

As most of you are aware there has been reports/sightings of madeline.
And it was only this week that new evidence has come to light.
A CCTV video was shown in which a young girl of 3-4 yrs of age was walking around a service station claiming to be called "Maddy" and said "Ive been taken from my holiday".
Now its been over a year since her disapearence and yet still many questions have not been answered.

1.) Why on a group holiday was there not an adult watching the children whilst the others were dining?

2.) Why were there not any witnesses to the "abduction" or why wasnt there any cctv picking up anybody leaving the complex?

3.) why was there blood found in the rental car?

4.) Why Maddie...and not the other children that were in the same room?

There are more, but i feel these ones are the most important.
And another thing, if this was an "abduction", why is "maddy" walking around the service station "freely?" In a typical kidnapping the abductee woudlnt allow his/her prisoner to walk around freely, they would keep them locked up in a car or whatever transportation they had.

theres something very strange about the whole thing, which says to me that MAYBE...just maybe her parents ARE in on this. Maybe madeline knows who her kidnappers are and thats why she didnt scream or kick-off when being taken. Maybe thats why she was allowed to walk around un-attended around the shop because the abducters knew she wouldnt walk off or run or scream or ANYTHING because she knows them.

Anyway, something doesnt add-up, never has done.
And this piece of footage should place the mcCanns back as potential suspects.

But, what do you think???

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52   #517
Resting in Peace

Re: "Maddy"

Theres a full thread on this somewhere Danny
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04   #518
white rabbits

I dont blame the parents at all,,,,have we not ALL at some point done something ,which with hindsight was stupid?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12   #519

I'm not saying that, ofcourse everybodys done something silly before. But the word irresponsible is abit different than the word "silly", and that is ofcourse if they're innocent and had nothing to do with her disapearence.

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 19:20   #520
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Theres a full thread on this somewhere Danny
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...gal-30497.html

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 19:50   #521
God Member

There was no blood found in the rental car.. that is a make up by the Express newspaper...and were do you get the information from that the girl.. was walking around in a service station???

Last edited by Mancie; 08-08-2008 at 19:53.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 20:31   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
There was no blood found in the rental car.. that is a make up by the Express newspaper...and were do you get the information from that the girl.. was walking around in a service station???
There was cctv that showed a little light haired girl, not confirmed to be maddie, very blurred, one of those 'sightings' that cropped up. Was miles away as well I believe, the child was holding the hand of an adult
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 20:53   #523
God Member

Don't you think these people..The parents..have suffered enough for leaving the child alone?.. If anyone has evidence that this was a crime commited by them then give it up!..don't rely on the newspapers for gods sake...
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 21:07   #524
God Member

Quote:
Don't you think these people..The parents..have suffered enough for leaving the child alone?.. If anyone has evidence that this was a crime commited by them then give it up!..don't rely on the newspapers for gods sake...
Mancie...for the first time ever I agree with you......The media print what they like and get away with it...The parent's of this child are well educated people and don't need the speculation that surrounds this case.
For me, I hope the child is found alive....the sooner the better.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 21:09   #525

Quote:
My God, am i agreeing with you again lol

One of the saddest things i have ever seen was driving to work one day soon after Maddie had disappeared, and seeing a procession of cars with the yellow ribbons tied on. Saw on the news later it was the family. My little one is a similar age and this would tear my heart out
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..