Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2007, 18:35   #16
God Member

Re: Man beaten whilst protecting property-dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes I know what you mean about the parenting Spugg but, I think if you have good parenting skill's there is no need for slapping your kids any way!

My mum very rarely had to ever slap us, but I think we were quite well mannered kids. The LOOK she gave us was enough to know we had over stepped the mark

And we were taught from a very young age that we ever bring the police to her door and we would have more than the police to worry about!!

As it goes, I don't need to slap my children and they are good mannered kids, and they too know if they ever brought the police to my door, they would be in deep lumber!! None of this " my kids have rights" bull, they get into trouble with the police, they pay the consequences dearly.

I know it's not easy being a parent, but if you start with the right attitude while they are young, then you don't have as much trouble when they get older. Much harder to try and change a teenager that has got away with blue murder all their life
Spot on Slinks...I agree wholeheartedly and funnily enough I would say mine are well mannered too...karma on its way

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2007, 19:41   #17
God Member

Thanks for the Karma HR and Kipax

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 22:33   #18
God Member

Another incident not far from here. Not the same consequences yet but another example of kids on mob rule

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Goth couple badly hurt in attack
Old 13-08-2007, 22:45   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Another incident not far from here. Not the same consequences yet but another example of kids on mob rule

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Goth couple badly hurt in attack
That sounds about right for todays youths, we don't like how you dress so we will beat you up. My niece is a Goth and she is a lovelu girl, these people are pig ignorant
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 22:57   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

one or two goths have come to grief down Blackburn also in recent times,i only know a couple myself,but both are lovely people and totally inoffensive,groups who attack innocent people are not "Cool" "HARD" they are just ignorant cowardly scumbags.
Old 13-08-2007, 23:04   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
one or two goths have come to grief down Blackburn also in recent times,i only know a couple myself,but both are lovely people and totally inoffensive,groups who attack innocent people are not "Cool" "HARD" they are just ignorant cowardly scumbags.
Your are quite right there Cash they think it is ok to batter someone just cause they don't like the look of them. Bet they aren't so brave one on one
Old 13-08-2007, 23:10   #22
God Member

They hard on their own that they dont want to walk around alone in case a dose of payback appears.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2007, 23:12   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just read on ceefax, 2 x 15yr olds n 1 x 16 yr old have been charged with the murder of that poor guy.
Old 13-08-2007, 23:13   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
They hard on their own that they dont want to walk around alone in case a dose of payback appears.
that was what I was getting at they would s... theirselves if they were cornered, oh that would be a sight to behold
Old 14-08-2007, 00:09   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
that was what I was getting at they would s... theirselves if they were cornered, oh that would be a sight to behold
That would be one for on You Tube

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 09:19   #26
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

since these kids are not old enough to go to a proper prison, then the parents should be punished, they the ones who have brought these kids up, they are the ones who have taught these thugs from right and wrong, so these so called parents should be made to pay the price!!
as someone said on here, its what we would get off our parents that made us behave, corporal punishment should be brought back and borstal reopened!! then lets see how 'hard' these kids feel!
Old 14-08-2007, 09:21   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
since these kids are not old enough to go to a proper prison, then the parents should be punished, they the ones who have brought these kids up, they are the ones who have taught these thugs from right and wrong, so these so called parents should be made to pay the price!!
as someone said on here, its what we would get off our parents that made us behave, corporal punishment should be brought back and borstal reopened!! then lets see how 'hard' these kids feel!

Whilst agreeing that most of it is down to parenting, it's not 100% always the case of bad parenting. Kids can go off the rails due to peer pressure more than bad parenting.
Old 14-08-2007, 09:28   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Whilst agreeing that most of it is down to parenting, it's not 100% always the case of bad parenting. Kids can go off the rails due to peer pressure more than bad parenting.

Well said...There are many outside influences..

Also where would you draw the line with parents being punished.. I wouldn't fancy doing school detention for them .. I can manage the no playstation for a day punishment but... well.. where do you draw the line? It's not really a viable solution when you give it some thought.. more a knee jerk answer.
Old 14-08-2007, 09:46   #29

well in my experience of life would beg to differ i dont no any kids that have gone so far off the rails when good parenting as been used the only members of my family that have gone of the rails is to of my cousins and that was there mum not giving a dam what they were upto blaming it on being a single parent .what a poor excuse give them love and guidence and morals and they will no right from rong
Old 14-08-2007, 09:52   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
well in my experience of life would beg to differ i dont no any kids that have gone so far off the rails when good parenting as been used the only members of my family that have gone of the rails is to of my cousins and that was there mum not giving a dam what they were upto blaming it on being a single parent .what a poor excuse give them love and guidence and morals and they will no right from rong

I have 2 stepdaughters both of whom went wayward in their teens. As parents we were critisicised for wrapping them up in cotton wool, therefore totally the opposite of not giving a damn. Given my morals and respect for the law and the rest of human life I would have been extremely annoyed to be locked up for something they did. You can explain right and wrong until you are blue in the face but it doesn't always sink in with some kids. Society has a habit of given publicity/recognition to those who do wrong, very little praise is given to those who do right.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..