Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2008, 13:40   #31
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
If the badge cannot be used unless the badge holder is in the car, then why have disabled spots right next to the stores - surely it wouldnt matter where they are
the badge holder can leave the car and dont have to be in it which is why they are supplied with a blue badge AND one of those time cards to say what time you parked up
The badge holder only has to be in the car when it is being parked in a disabled bay. Obviously s/he has to get out to do the shopping etc.

In theory the Blue Badge is awarded to people who have walking difficulties and that is why disabled bays are placed near to the entrances of supermarkets etc.

The interpretation of walking difficulties seems to be pretty wide. As I understand it, if a person cannot walk more than a few yards unaided or suffers pain in doing so they are eligible to receive a Blue Badge. As far as I now the disability has to be permanent so someone with either one or two broken legs or some other injury that prevents them from walking will not qualify. However people with mental disabilities could qualify, as would a blind person.
Old 15-06-2008, 16:17   #32
God Member

Re: Hospital parking

The disabled badge scheme is badly misused I feel, I for one am fed up with seeing badge holders running into the supermarket when it is raining, if they are running, they obviously have no trouble walking and probably not blind, just abusing the system.
Old 15-06-2008, 16:40   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
The disabled badge scheme is badly misused I feel, I for one am fed up with seeing badge holders running into the supermarket when it is raining, if they are running, they obviously have no trouble walking and probably not blind, just abusing the system.
To be fair, the blue badges are allocated to people with many varying conditions. Just because you've seen someone running on occasion does not necessarily mean that they are not entitled to their badge. They could have a condition that is not immediately obvious or one which gives them good days and bad days.

Garinda, hope you don't mind my asking but just wondering.....you have mentioned before that you have Parkinson's disease.

Does this entitle you to a blue badge?

The only reason I am bringing this up is to illustrate a point in that it is a condition with good days and bad days and was wondering if you are entitled to a blue badge if you have Parkinson's.
Old 15-06-2008, 16:56   #34
God Member

back to original topic , what surprises me if I remember correctly Queens Park Hospital (Blackburn Royal) is/was up in the middle of nowhere , how anyone can say there is no room for an adequate sized car park is beyond me
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 17:53   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
back to original topic , what surprises me if I remember correctly Queens Park Hospital (Blackburn Royal) is/was up in the middle of nowhere , how anyone can say there is no room for an adequate sized car park is beyond me
thanks
Quite a lot of new building has gone on in the area and if you saw the size of the hospital you would understand the parking problems
Old 15-06-2008, 18:22   #36
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I read the other day somewhere, Ceefax I think it was, that you can get over £1,000 for a Blue Badge in the big cities. If congestion charges become the norm in major cities that price will go up. It also stated that there were thousands of Blue Badges around that belonged to a now deceased person plus some very good forgeries.
Old 15-06-2008, 18:34   #37
I am Banned

My sister works at royal- she pays for childcare and with parking fees on top she just doesnt think it is worth going to work - most days she misses reserved parking for staff because there really isnt that many spaces
so its full wack each day !
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 19:09   #38

It should be free for working staff
Old 15-06-2008, 19:15   #39
I am Banned

it should be - but its not
i think she said its 70p per day - but if they are not early enough to get a spot then its full wack
and its hard to be early enough when you have to drop your child at nursery - it just doesnt open early enough poor devils x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 22:16   #40
God Member

Surprised nobody has mentioned the story in the Telegraph wher staff are being fined for not displaying their parking permits clearly. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they have to pay in the first place but when they are in designated staff car parks it is obvious that they have a pass. Now they have been fined £65 which is taken out of their wages. What the hell is going on here???
Old 05-07-2008, 22:33   #41

Had not heard of the story Bernie. I don’t buy the paper, found the link tho 'Daylight robbery' of Blackburn nurses

That is just wrong, it’s so wrong. It’s the persons wage for that particular day gone.

Are the Parking Wardens going around with cameras collecting evidence. They must be I suppose or else it would be their word against the member of staff.

Plainly wrong, I can’t think of any other way to describe it.
Old 05-07-2008, 22:37   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just because you've been reminded of something you did that the rest of us thought morally wrong, there's no need to get all defensive.
Who are the rest of us? Has there been a ballot or referendum?
I am of the opinion that if you believe you are right, you expect other members to believe you are right....funny situation.

My daughter is a nurse at RBH and I think it is disgusting that these parking charges are in force.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 05-07-2008 at 22:39.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 22:42   #43

Well i cant afford to park their then when i start at Blackburn Hospital in september!!!
£3.80 for the whole day! (i wont mind as much if it was the £1.80!)

As a student having petrol in my car is hard enough never mind that Ridicilous charge to park my car!! -THAT IS £18 A WEEK!!
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 22:51   #44

I would mind paying irrespective of the amount. Some git is making a living off the back of others being in pain , misery or just trying to do their job.

£3.80 or £1.80 isn’t the point ( I don’t work there though, easy for me to say I know ) it’s the principal.

There should be no parking fees in my opinion.
Old 05-07-2008, 22:57   #45
God Member

Whether they have photos or not matters not a jot as far as I am concerned. Surely in this day and age a quick check of the registration would tell them whos car it was. I just think it is scandalous, yes I know it says they can appeal but it shouldn't be happening!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..