Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2008, 12:32   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Just because you've been reminded of something you did that the rest of us thought morally wrong, there's no need to get all defensive.
Ooooo! Get her!

Got your knickers in a twist have you?
Old 14-06-2008, 12:39   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Hospital parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
£1.80 thats cheap, look at the price of a lock change at BRI:
From the Guardian.

David Hencke, Westminster correspondent
Thursday January 17, 2008
The Guardian

Millions of pounds of taxpayers' money is being wasted by officials who overpay private firms to do the simplest tasks like installing a new electric socket or replacing a lock, the National Audit Office reveals today.

An investigation into £180m of public money spent renegotiating private finance initiative contracts to build and run hospitals, schools, prisons and courts in 2006 reveals 10-fold differences in payments for similar tasks. With PFI being Gordon Brown's favourite way to fund new public projects - it now accounts for £44bn of public spending - the NAO is calling for much tighter controls over any changes to the contracts, which often run for 30 years or more.

The report cites Royal Blackburn Hospital as the best and worst example of saving and wasting public money. It qualifies for the cheapest and most expensive cost for replacing a key - £4.26 to £47.48. It also qualifies for the most expensive bill to fit a data point - £398.30 - and the most expensive lock change - £486.54. The cheapest lock fitting was in Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax at £30.81.

PFI waste of money, still Gordon does not care about that.
This is what you get with Private Initiative Financing.

Who is to blame?

Well it’s not the NHS or you or me but the government for allowing it to happen because there was not enough money in the kitty to pay for the building of new hospitals.

Any guesses why there wasn’t enough money available?

Much of our taxes have been wasted and grossly mismanaged by Brown.
Old 14-06-2008, 13:31   #18
Resident Waffler

Re: Hospital parking

It's scandalous that staff should have to pay to park. It does get very expensive visiting someone in hospital with the parking charge. The bus which runs from Accrington to the hospital and return gets me there far too early for visiting time and then I have to leave before VT is over in order to be able to catch it on the return journey. That's £3 a time. It didn't used to cost me anything to visit people in Accy Vic because I could walk there and back.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 13:36   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Ooooo! Get her!

Is this an example of the reasoned debate, without resorting to silly name calling, that you referred to in another thread?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 22:08   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Is this an example of the reasoned debate, without resorting to silly name calling, that you referred to in another thread?
No it’s responding to your childish attempts to have a dig at me.

Your turn but I won’t be responding.
Old 14-06-2008, 23:16   #21

So how come that staff have to pay to park.............they have no choice it's taken out of there wages, but that there are not enough car parking spaces for the staff.

So in effect the staff pay for the parking but don't get the parking spaces?

And if they complain, they are told they have pay the full day ticket, even though they have already paid out of there wages?

Why do they have pay for a service that cannot be provided?
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 23:21   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Ooooo! Get her!

Kettle, pot, black.

It does amuse me that the people who shout loudest about other people's behaviour, are the ones themselves with the worst manners, and the ones who demand the most respect, even though they have none for anyone else.

To me it just proves the point that with age, wisdom doesn't necessarily follow.

I don't need to labour the point.

You have done that yourself, through your bad tempered churlisness.

Old 14-06-2008, 23:26   #23
Give, give, give member

You were morally wrong to sit a parking space designated for a disabled driver, while your able bodied driver went about your business.

We all agree that, except for yourself.

Our thoughts are with the poor disabled person who was denied the place you took, and may have struggled because of your selfishness.

Old 14-06-2008, 23:35   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
So how come that staff have to pay to park.............they have no choice it's taken out of there wages, but that there are not enough car parking spaces for the staff.

So in effect the staff pay for the parking but don't get the parking spaces?

And if they complain, they are told they have pay the full day ticket, even though they have already paid out of there wages?

Why do they have pay for a service that cannot be provided?
It happens because the staff let it happen. They/their Union must have at some point made an agreement to let parking fees be taken from their wage packet.

It stinks to high heaven that they do have to pay parking fees, that’s my opinion.

As for not being enough spaces…..dunno bout that one. What comes first, the patients or the medics, it’s a chicken and egg thing. Without one the other is redundant. Perhaps they should do their job better, less need for visitors (basic hygiene seems to be an issue within the NHS at the moment)
Old 14-06-2008, 23:38   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
It happens because the staff let it happen. They/their Union must have at some point made an agreement to let parking fees be taken from their wage packet.

It stinks to high heaven that they do have to pay parking fees, that’s my opinion.

As for not being enough spaces…..dunno bout that one. What comes first, the patients or the medics, it’s a chicken and egg thing. Without one the other is redundant. Perhaps they should do their job better, less need for visitors (basic hygiene seems to be an issue within the NHS at the moment)
...I wonder who made the unions of these essential health care workers are so weak.

Old 14-06-2008, 23:41   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
Thats across the whole trust though isnt it jaysay?

In this weeks Rossendale Free Press they have broken down the charges they've also added in Fairfield and Rochdales as people from rossendale go to both of them as well as burnley and blackburn.

According to the Free press in the last 12 months car parking charges netted Burnley General Hospital £252,000, The Royal Blackburn Hospital £85,425, Fairfield Bury £266,896, Rochdale infirmary £112,524. The staff car parking charges Royal Blackburn £168,862, Burnley £84,000, Fairfield £142,102, Rochdale £112,062.

The telegraph hasnt broken it down to each hospital - just took it all together.
dont really matter to me wether charges have been broken down or not, simple fact is - shouldn't be charges its disgraceful.
Old 14-06-2008, 23:50   #27

Quote:
...I wonder who made the unions of these essential health care workers are so weak.
You and me both, as well as everyone else, knows exactly who weakened their Union to such an extent
Old 15-06-2008, 09:29   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You were morally wrong to sit a parking space designated for a disabled driver, while your able bodied driver went about your business.

We all agree that, except for yourself.

Our thoughts are with the poor disabled person who was denied the place you took, and may have struggled because of your selfishness.
I have just picked up on this Rindi and don't actually know what the argument is about, but I can ony speak as a blue badge owner myself. Under rules of use, it states that a badge cannot be used if the badge holder is in the car. Personallly I only use my badge when absolutely necessary, when ever I visit the Royal Blackburn by car I usally pay because its so much trouble claming it back I just said sod it after the first attempt, but I still say payment for patients, visitors or staff is a tax on the sick and is an abomination
Old 15-06-2008, 11:42   #29
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have just picked up on this Rindi and don't actually know what the argument is about, but I can ony speak as a blue badge owner myself. Under rules of use, it states that a badge cannot be used if the badge holder is in the car. Personallly I only use my badge when absolutely necessary, when ever I visit the Royal Blackburn by car I usally pay because its so much trouble claming it back I just said sod it after the first attempt, but I still say payment for patients, visitors or staff is a tax on the sick and is an abomination
I think what you mean is “that a badge cannot be used if the badge holder is NOT in the car”.

In a different thread about Blue Badges and Disabled Parking I stated that ON ONE occasion I took my grandson with me to buy a few bags of potting compost. I parked in a disabled bay, gave my grandson the money and he went to buy the goods whilst I waited in the car. My attendance in the store would have been totally useless, seeing as there was no way that I could lift any of the bags or even push the laden trolley so I opted to stay in the car and have a fag.

I should add that I am also a Blue Badge holder and have been ever since the badge was orange.

On another occasion my son was with me when I went shopping at Asda. I parked in a disabled bay but found that I was unable to walk around the store so my son did the shopping for me whilst I sat in my car. As happens sometimes, my left leg had gone completely numb and I couldn’t stand up let alone walk. I drive an automatic so my left leg is redundant when driving.

You would think that I had committed the greatest atrocity of all time by the reaction of the “holier than thou obnoxious twerps who have never done anything wrong in their childish lives or taken an unfair advantage over their fellow humans”.

Just like a woman, who can detail precisely what a man has said and when he said it from dozens of years ago, garinda just cannot help but show what a really nasty piece of work it is by doing just that on every opportunity. There were others but apart from it and one or two others they have let bygones be bygones.

That’s what it is all about.

Now if someone complains about this thread being dragged off topic that accusation lies squarely at garinda’s door, not mine. I didn’t bring the point up.
Old 15-06-2008, 11:59   #30
I am Banned

If the badge cannot be used unless the badge holder is in the car, then why have disabled spots right next to the stores - surely it wouldnt matter where they are
the badge holder can leave the car and dont have to be in it which is why they are supplied with a blue badge AND one of those time cards to say what time you parked up
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..