Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 00:04   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hyndburn council's Accrington cash office closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well said

i find the snotty attitude of those who everything is fine for pretty pathetic to say the least and they should remeber that even though some people can barely afford to pay their poll tax even when on benefits you still have a considerable percentage of your money to pay to HBC and the last thing people need is for been able to pay it been made even more difficult

sod you jack im ok springs to mind
in a " Nutshell"
Old 10-07-2008, 20:53   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well said

i find the snotty attitude of those who everything is fine for pretty pathetic to say the least and they should remeber that even though some people can barely afford to pay their poll tax even when on benefits you still have a considerable percentage of your money to pay to HBC and the last thing people need is for been able to pay it been made even more difficult

sod you jack im ok springs to mind
If you mean me then all I can say is I'm sorry.

I said a few posts ago that I certainly am bothered about others and that I didn't mean to come accross as uncaring.

I sympathise with the elderly and others who are going to struggle but having said that, no method is going to suit us all. For some people, having to go to the office would be a real hassle and a fuss would be made if ever direct debit were scrapped.

For many, direct debit is the most convenient way to pay, it's not just me who has never had a problem with it.

I see the point re lack of choice just as I did in the post office closure thread. I was against the post office closures. It was then pointed out to me in that thread that the powers that be are not going to keep a non-profitable venture going just to suit a few.

This appears to be a similar situation.
Old 10-07-2008, 21:49   #48
God Member

with all the money problems HBC has you would think they would leave open every avenue they have possible to get money in lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 18:14   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
....although if they can't get a current account they must be hard up so they probably don't pay their council tax anyway.
Doing a bit of type-casting there aren't we?? How about a little experiment? Can you just try and open a current account at any bank without a passport or driving license? You'd get thrown out again!!
(Come to think of it you can have loads of problems everywhere if you haven't got 1 of those two forms of ID - but that's another moan!)
The number of ummm's and ahhh's I got just to add 'erindoors to my existing current account were enough

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 20:31   #50
God Member

According to the Observer anybody wishing to pay cash will be able to pay at Woolworths.
Old 17-07-2008, 20:35   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
According to the Observer anybody wishing to pay cash will be able to pay at Woolworths.
Woolworths is one of the payzone outlets, isn't it?
Old 17-07-2008, 21:07   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Woolworths is one of the payzone outlets, isn't it?
No idea Lilly just glanced through the Observer at Mums and noticed the bit about paying there.
Old 18-07-2008, 02:15   #53
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Doing a bit of type-casting there aren't we?? How about a little experiment? Can you just try and open a current account at any bank without a passport or driving license? You'd get thrown out again!!
(Come to think of it you can have loads of problems everywhere if you haven't got 1 of those two forms of ID - but that's another moan!)
The number of ummm's and ahhh's I got just to add 'erindoors to my existing current account were enough
Exactly!
I tried to add my husband onto my exsisting account and vice versa and because we didn't have a passport or full drivers license we were told no way!
Went to another bank and opened an account with them using our provisional licenses as i.d.
It's not about not being able to afford one it's all the red tape involved that might put people off getting one.
Old 18-07-2008, 09:33   #54
Resting in Peace

Well to be quite honest I pay everything by DD and never had a problem, I even have my house insurace with HBC and pay that by SO
Old 18-07-2008, 09:40   #55
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

so with the office shutting, does this mean they will send me a payment card automatically, or will I have to ring up?
Old 18-07-2008, 12:31   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
so with the office shutting, does this mean they will send me a payment card automatically, or will I have to ring up?
You can pay in Woolworths if you want to pay cash
Old 18-07-2008, 17:00   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You can pay in Woolworths if you want to pay cash
Ya panther you can, but stay away from the pick and mix

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..