View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 20:53   #47
Lilly
God Member

Re: Hyndburn council's Accrington cash office closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well said

i find the snotty attitude of those who everything is fine for pretty pathetic to say the least and they should remeber that even though some people can barely afford to pay their poll tax even when on benefits you still have a considerable percentage of your money to pay to HBC and the last thing people need is for been able to pay it been made even more difficult

sod you jack im ok springs to mind
If you mean me then all I can say is I'm sorry.

I said a few posts ago that I certainly am bothered about others and that I didn't mean to come accross as uncaring.

I sympathise with the elderly and others who are going to struggle but having said that, no method is going to suit us all. For some people, having to go to the office would be a real hassle and a fuss would be made if ever direct debit were scrapped.

For many, direct debit is the most convenient way to pay, it's not just me who has never had a problem with it.

I see the point re lack of choice just as I did in the post office closure thread. I was against the post office closures. It was then pointed out to me in that thread that the powers that be are not going to keep a non-profitable venture going just to suit a few.

This appears to be a similar situation.