Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2008, 08:27   #16
God Member

Re: Nuisance Noise

so perhaps you should walk round witha banger in yer gob mate

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2008, 08:51   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
so perhaps you should walk round witha banger in yer gob mate
seems reasonable to me that.
Old 29-07-2008, 09:23   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems reasonable to me that.
But remember the golden rule cashy light the blue touch paper and stand well clear
Old 29-07-2008, 10:42   #19
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz View Post
There are a number of restrictions on the use of fireworks which are summarised in the link below - Its Oxford council's guide (best one out there really - Lancashire dont have one!) but the rules are universal .

Oxford City Council: Fireworks
Quote:
The Fireworks (Amendment) Regulations 2004 prohibit anyone under 18 from possessing fireworks, and anyone except professionals from possessing display fireworks in a public place. These regulations also prohibit the use of fireworks at night (23:00 - 07:00), with the following extensions for festivals:
  • Until 01:00 on the night of the Chinese New Year
  • Until 01:00 on the night of Diwali
  • Until 01:00 on the night on New Year's Eve
  • Until 00:00 on 5 November
These regulations are enforced by the police. There is a penalty of up to £5,000 or 6 months in prison for breach of curfew. The supply, purchase or possession of excessively loud fireworks over 120 decibels are also prohibited.
Taken from the above link.

So how come when we phone the police they told us that it wasn't a police matter and that it wasn't even an official nuisance as they were not going on until after 11pm? It must have been considered that it was not a public place and so falls within the above permitted regulations.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 10:46   #20

In my experience - and there are some who would call me cynical, "Its not a police matter" means " we cant be assed" or.... "we're tied up in red tape and bureaucracy and we cant be assed".

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 16:50   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz View Post
In my experience - and there are some who would call me cynical, "Its not a police matter" means " we cant be assed" or.... "we're tied up in red tape and bureaucracy and we cant be assed".
Quite right Mike thats a lame excuss "its not a police matter" wears a bit thin after a while, its a bit like the footy off side rule, if your not interfering with play you shouldn't be on the field
Old 29-07-2008, 17:00   #22

Talking of nuisance noises, there's one now. It's like a high pitch whining noise. I hear it quite often and it's constant. What the hell is it? Been bugging me for years. You can generally hear it anywhere in Accy. I can hear it now and it's roughly 6pm Tuesday. Please, anyone an idea. Otherwise I may have tinnitus!
ChrisMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 18:12   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMG View Post
Please, anyone an idea. Otherwise I may have tinnitus!
From your description, I'm 99% certain it's rats under your floorboards.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 18:35   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMG View Post
Talking of nuisance noises, there's one now. It's like a high pitch whining noise. I hear it quite often and it's constant. What the hell is it? Been bugging me for years. You can generally hear it anywhere in Accy. I can hear it now and it's roughly 6pm Tuesday. Please, anyone an idea. Otherwise I may have tinnitus!
If you are under 21 you may be hearing one of those 'mosquito' gadgets used to move on the young yobbos

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 19:06   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
or a birth they seem to do thing's like this.
Must be breeding like rabbits, they have just gone off again !!
Old 29-07-2008, 19:07   #26
Resident Waffler

They are at it again now tonight! I am getting heartily sick of this.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 16:20   #27

Bang bang bang. Was that a flash? Dunno, can't see flashes in the daylight!!!
They're at it again, gungadin and his firework set.
I assume they do it whenever a new jihadist is born. Thats why we hear it everyday. Or maybe they celebrate whenever a British soldier is killed in Afghanistan! Now there's a thought.
ChrisMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 19:11   #28
God Member

whoever is doin it they are assholes . the thing is where i go visiting anywhere outside lancashire you never hear fireworks during the day.thick as pig s### . i wish the coppers would get their bottle back and do something about it..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:10   #29
Senior Member+

Fireworks again!!! where are they getting them all from and what is the point during the day??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 17:39   #30
I am Banned

- i hate it - and summer is the worst time because that is when most asian weddings seem to be held - not only do i have to listen to thebangs - my dogs bark too so its double the noise - there was a wedding a couple of weeks ago and one of the remnants from the fireworks( quite a large blue tube with glass inside it ) hit a car and caused some damage - they waited for the pollice and it was a couple of hours before they arrived - dont know what happended after that - but imagine that coming down on your head - plus most are filled with glitter foil which litters the streets for days - its a shame but a 100 barage firewo0rk wouldnt be my first choice at my wedding lol
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..