Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Nuisance Noise (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/nuisance-noise-41406.html)

WillowTheWhisp 28-07-2008 17:29

Nuisance Noise

I have a pounding headache and yet again the crash, crash, bang of firework explosions are carrying on outside. They are so LOUD. Once in a while it is tollerable but it's becoming a regular occurance.

Whatever happened to peace and quiet?

Apparently it can't be considered a nuisance unless it's after 11pm. :rolleyes:

Tealeaf 28-07-2008 17:31

Re: Nuisance Noise

What's the occaision? Are they celebrating Willow's headache?

WillowTheWhisp 28-07-2008 17:32

They'll be celebrating until Sunday at this rate if they are!

vera 28-07-2008 18:09

thought fireworks were only supposed to be let off on 5th nov or as a display on other dates and only with the councils permission. That is very unfair on you, especially when you have a severe headache. Have you complained to the authorities?

MargaretR 28-07-2008 18:10

I can hear them here in Ossy
They must have more money than sense
Fireworks in daylight :rolleyes:

emamum 28-07-2008 18:11

they seem to let them off regularly..... maybe they are celebrating monday? (benefit day?? )

panther 28-07-2008 18:23

who in their right mind would let fireworks off during the day ???

simple minds come too mind:rolleyes:

tosh 28-07-2008 20:15

have u thought it might be an Pakistan wedding or a birth they seem to do thing's like this. it would do my head in as well willow

buttonsmum 28-07-2008 20:17

They are always being se off where my mum lives, usually when they are celebrating an aisian wedding.

Royboy39 28-07-2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 612040)
who in their right mind would let fireworks off during the day ???

Just Googled for an answer to that one.

WikiAnswers - What is the population in spain in 2008

WillowTheWhisp 28-07-2008 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 612033)
thought fireworks were only supposed to be let off on 5th nov or as a display on other dates and only with the councils permission. That is very unfair on you, especially when you have a severe headache. Have you complained to the authorities?

I thought they were only permitted around Nov 5th too or for organised official events with council approval but when we queried this a week or so back we were told that as long as they stopped by 11pm they were OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 612076)
have u thought it might be an Pakistan wedding or a birth they seem to do thing's like this. it would do my head in as well willow

Don't need to think about it much tosh, 90% of the time it is an Asian wedding but it's either an incredibly long wedding celebration or several people having consecutive weddings. I just don't understand why the fireworks have to be like deafening cannon fire.

cashman 28-07-2008 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 612087)

I just don't understand why the fireworks have to be like deafening cannon fire.

thats n easy one = to annoy INFIDELS.:D

WillowTheWhisp 28-07-2008 23:08

Well we escaped it and went out for a while, did a nature scavenger hunt with the girls.

MikeSz 29-07-2008 08:02

There are a number of restrictions on the use of fireworks which are summarised in the link below - Its Oxford council's guide (best one out there really - Lancashire dont have one!) but the rules are universal .

Oxford City Council: Fireworks

cashman 29-07-2008 08:18

interesting to note - fireworks cause air pollution due to chemicals used in manufacture. seems that does not matter in these instances. but you drop a fag end on floor, its a big deal n yer a criminal.:cool: