Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2009, 01:59   #31
Senior Member+

Re: this kind of "terrorism" gets my vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
good , one religion down and all the rest to go and the world will be a much better place
7 mulit coloured jumping smileys +1 Restless individual agrees with yah
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2009, 15:14   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
good , one religion down and all the rest to go and the world will be a much better place
Can't argue with that!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:38   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
pull your own strings.for me Christmas starts 25 dec.its about the birth of Jesus.

Luke 2:8 mentions that shepherds were living in their fields keeping watch over their flocks during the nighttime (and, one would assume, also during the daytime.) This is a good indication that Jesus' birth did not happen in December when the flocks would have already have been moved from the fields into pens. They were only in the fields during the warmer months. There is a remark in the Talmud that flocks were put out to grass in March and brought in during the beginning of November. During the Jewish month of Heshvan (our October/November) the fall rains hit and the animals are penned up. At best, the passage narrows down the birth month to one of 7 months in the late spring, summer, or early autumn.

The month of Jesus birth can actually be calculated with reference to the conception of John the Baptist.

Luke records that Zacharias returned immediately to his home, and that John was conceived shortly thereafter, probably during the last half of Sivan, the 3rd month in the Jewish calendar. Allowing for a normal 9 months pregnancy, John would have been born in the springtime. The angel came to Mary when John's mother Elizabeth was 6 months pregnant, and reports that Mary conceived very shortly after the angel's visit.

Assuming a normal, 9 month pregnancy, Jesus would have been born about 6 months after John, sometime in the autumn of the year.

So really Flashy is nearer to the mark than you are.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 00:38   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I actually ordered my Christmas Cards this week, only because I got a good deal
Threatening Charity shops is a bit below the belt and for cards. It's food I object to them selling them too early because it 's a cynical way of making more money out of the people that's one reason any way but intimidating Charity shops is criminal.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 08:54   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Threatening Charity shops is a bit below the belt and for cards. It's food I object to them selling them too early because it 's a cynical way of making more money out of the people that's one reason any way but intimidating Charity shops is criminal.
Whats that got to do with the price of fish
Old 31-05-2010, 11:47   #36

well since there are 6 months until xmas I think these guys were in the right. I would do the same thing until people in this country get a grip.
Old 31-05-2010, 12:02   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver93 View Post
well since there are 6 months until xmas I think these guys were in the right. I would do the same thing until people in this country get a grip.
They're shops selling commercially available goods. They're not breaking the law, they're not making anyone buy anything they don't want, so they should be free to go about their business without let or hinderance. Maybe it's you who should "get a grip".
Old 31-05-2010, 17:43   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver93 View Post
As pointed out in post #33, the most likely date for Jesus's actual birth date is early Autumn.

I hope if you get your planned one nighters up and running, no one objects to your legally held events, and decides to damage the property in protest, for whatever reasons, leaving you with a hefty bill to pay.

Last edited by garinda; 31-05-2010 at 17:49.
Old 31-05-2010, 17:48   #39
Give, give, give member

I notice none of those who are for pro-vandalising charity shops, have said they'd support similar action against every single store selling fashion in the country, and who fill their shops with unseasonal summer clothes in Febuary, just as soon as the winter sale has ended.

I think some people better get a grip on their logic, before they start supporting criminal damage.

Old 31-05-2010, 19:59   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Whats that got to do with the price of fish
I thought Charity shops always had Xmas cards on sale, it's taken as read. It's Sainsbury's and ASDA floggin Christmas gear from August that gets up my goat. Don't pick on the charity shops - anyway we don't have fish for Christmas
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2010, 20:00   #41
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They're shops selling commercially available goods. They're not breaking the law, they're not making anyone buy anything they don't want, so they should be free to go about their business without let or hinderance. Maybe it's you who should "get a grip".
I agree.You've got to pull your own strings and do things your own way.
What others choose to do is their right.I might not like it but they are free to pull their own strings.It's not for me to pull them for them.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I thought Charity shops always had Xmas cards on sale, it's taken as read. It's Sainsbury's and ASDA flogging Christmas gear from August that gets up my goat. Don't pick on the charity shops - anyway we don't have fish for Christmas
Well if Supermarkets sell Xmas stuff all year round, you don't need to bother about it just ignore it like its not there, simples

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..