Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2011, 08:57   #226
Resting in Peace

Re: News of the World Mobile Phone Hacking

I wonder if I'm the only one who's fed up with the whole sorry issue, there is nothing else seems to be news worthy than these plonkers hogging the headlines every day, I've started my general election mode, ie anything but news programs first thing in a morning, Vintage TV was very good this morning
Old 20-07-2011, 09:25   #227
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wonder if I'm the only one who's fed up with the whole sorry issue,
No you're not , Jaysay . I'm sick to the teeth of it .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 09:27   #228
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I aint am enjoying seeing em squirm, n hoping those who should pay the price.
Old 20-07-2011, 10:06   #229
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ya cashy but there's only so much you can take, BBC breakfast this morning, every ten minutes it was now we will go back to our top story, that's when I sad oh not you are not and switched the bloody thing off
Old 20-07-2011, 10:09   #230
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Who should pay the price though?
When you have one company owned by another owned by another how far up do you go to when pointing the finger.

I dont think it is reasonable to expect Rupert Murdoch to know everything going on at the News of the World which as he stated is 1% of News Corp.

NOTW is part of News Group Newspapers owned by News International owned by News Corp.

If the blame lies at the top and people think Rupert Murdoch should be questioned then why was the PM not being questioned? The Chief Commissioner of the Met was and stood down and he must work for the Government so the PM should be in the frame.

Which PM I suppose on what incident we are talking about. The failure of the Police to sort this out years ago I suppose. What about the very close links between Rupert Murdoch and Gordon Brown, or Rebekah Brooks and David Cameron
Old 20-07-2011, 10:13   #231
God Member

Quote:
I wonder if I'm the only one who's fed up with the whole sorry issue, there is nothing else seems to be news worthy than these plonkers hogging the headlines every day, I've started my general election mode, ie anything but news programs first thing in a morning, Vintage TV was very good this morning
Don't worry about it too much, Jaysay. I walked past NI HQ this morning about 7.30 and there were probably one-third the number of photographers there that there have been for the last fortnight and only one TV Sat Van....the story is dying. Unless summat really spectacular blows up - like some good hard evidence, with names and signatures - then nowt's going to happen for a while. The kids in Parliament are about to break up for the summer hols and august is always a quiet month so you can sit back and watch your black and white telly in peace.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 10:16   #232
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Don't worry about it too much, Jaysay. I walked past NI HQ this morning about 7.30 and there were probably one-third the number of photographers there that there have been for the last fortnight and only one TV Sat Van....the story is dying. Unless summat really spectacular blows up - like some good hard evidence, with names and signatures - then nowt's going to happen for a while. The kids in Parliament are about to break up for the summer hols and august is always a quiet month so you can sit back and watch your black and white telly in peace.
Black and white telly, if it was I wouldn't mind
Old 20-07-2011, 10:17   #233
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

How to upset Piers Morgan, this is Piers upset about being accused of phone hacking by MP Louise Mensch yesterday.

This is very funny Best Fireworks Since the 4th of July: Video of Piers Morgan's Explosive Confrontation With the Member of Parliament Who Accused Him of Phone Hacking When He Was the Editor of a U.K. Tabloid : TVBizwire : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings,
Old 20-07-2011, 10:19   #234
God Member

Oh, I forgot,

Did any of you lot catch the obvious question - the one that was not asked, but should have been asked - immeadiatly after the question(s) on Murdoch going into the backdoor of No 10?
Old 20-07-2011, 10:20   #235
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Editor of a UK Tabloidwonder which one that was
Old 20-07-2011, 10:21   #236
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Oh, I forgot,

Did any of you lot catch the obvious question - the one that was not asked, but should have been asked - immeadiatly after the question(s) on Murdoch going into the backdoor of No 10?
Pointless the occupant was away
Old 20-07-2011, 10:23   #237
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Who should pay the price though?
When you have one company owned by another owned by another how far up do you go to when pointing the finger.

I dont think it is reasonable to expect Rupert Murdoch to know everything going on at the News of the World which as he stated is 1% of News Corp.

NOTW is part of News Group Newspapers owned by News International owned by News Corp.

If the blame lies at the top and people think Rupert Murdoch should be questioned then why was the PM not being questioned? The Chief Commissioner of the Met was and stood down and he must work for the Government so the PM should be in the frame.

Which PM I suppose on what incident we are talking about. The failure of the Police to sort this out years ago I suppose. What about the very close links between Rupert Murdoch and Gordon Brown, or Rebekah Brooks and David Cameron
it dont matter,Who,What,or When, as far as i'm concerned, the whole sorry mess should be investigated,sorted, n whomever pay the price, dependent on the part they played in it.i doubt very much if that will be the case, but its what should happen, NOT just the usual sacrificial lambs.,
Old 20-07-2011, 10:31   #238
God Member

Quote:
Pointless the occupant was away
Err.....no.

Come on, you lot aren't trying.
Old 20-07-2011, 10:42   #239
God Member

I watched most of yesterdays charade, and was surprised by how inarticulate were the questioners and the questioned.

With all the 'umming and arring' and incomplete sentances, I am surprised that any info was gleaned at all.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 10:55   #240
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I watched most of yesterdays charade, and was surprised by how inarticulate were the questioners and the questioned.

With all the 'umming and arring' and incomplete sentances, I am surprised that any info was gleaned at all.
I don't accept that James Murdoch was inarticulate. Certainly, the pair of them were well rehearsed and prepared. The broad question surrounding Murdoch Snr is to what extent is he really going ga-ga or is he doing an Ernie Saunders?

Anyway, I thought the other committee hearing was just as interesting. Did anyone notice that young blondie Tory MP? I thought she was quite a stunna but probably wasting her time in the house...she looked more like Page 3 material to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..