Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2014, 17:37   #301
I am Banned

Re: News of the World Mobile Phone Hacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes......I know they were. It still doesn't give me any great confidence in the system.
I can understand where you are coming from Margaret but I personally think it's better than all the alternatives that could be used to reach a verdict. And yes I know juries can be "got at" but less of a chance of a dodgy verdict than the old boys network and all that entails.
I also like the considerations of the victims statements by the judge when looking at sentencing.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2014, 18:00   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I thought justice was blindfolded.....I think it is time somebody checked that blindfold for moth holes!
If the statue on the Old Bailey is anything to go by justice isn't blindfolded (may be blind though - can't really tell).
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 18:34   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
She admitted on camera they paid Police for info. Why isn't she being prosecuted for this? Elite connections perhaps? Hmmm
Maybe that's why she looked stunned when she was cleared of the charge of authorising illegal payments to public officials.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 18:43   #304
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Whats betting she gets away with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Haha I almost lost wee laughing when I just heard on the news that Rebekah Brooks has been cleared of all charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
She admitted on camera they paid Police for info. Why isn't she being prosecuted for this? Elite connections perhaps? Hmmm
Perhaps cos the police should also be prosecuted if they had gone down that road? n we could never have that.
Old 24-06-2014, 19:26   #305
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I can understand where you are coming from Margaret but I personally think it's better than all the alternatives that could be used to reach a verdict. And yes I know juries can be "got at" but less of a chance of a dodgy verdict than the old boys network and all that entails.
I also like the considerations of the victims statements by the judge when looking at sentencing.
I was thinking purely of this case......and I wasn't suggesting that the jury had been 'got at'...more along the lines that the case had been played out so that the jury had doubts planted(evidence can be given in ways that mean there is doubt rather than certainty in their minds and I am pretty sure she would have had some very competent defence lawyer....maybe the prosecution didn't try too hard either on the instructions from people in high places, maybe there was collusion between the two - again instructed by the same elite. We won't ever know).....and if there is a shadow of a doubt then you cannot return any verdict other than 'not guilty'.
It has to be admitted that she has friends in high places and that she has admitted to having done some very dubious things to get 'news' stories...like paying the police for information.
Not the actions of someone with integrity.

I think that if this had been you or me we would be looking at a long time in the slammer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 20:03   #306
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps cos the police should also be prosecuted if they had gone down that road? n we could never have that.
Yes C, one wonders why very senior and deeply corrupt police officers, directly involved with selling information to the Media, all seem to have slithered away.Maybe to keep full pension rights intact?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 20:17   #307
God Member

of course brooks got off with all charges we cant have camerons close friend been found guilty of anything can we ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 21:19   #308
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: News of the World Mobile Phone Hacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
of course brooks got off with all charges we cant have camerons close friend been found guilty of anything can we ?
along similar lines, if he was on trial for telling porkies, he would be given the benefit of the doubt, after all he's only doing it to keep his job, unlike Blair and his WMD lies that would have him convicted for leading us into an illegal war.
Hang on, was it a war, or were we just prospecting for oil?
Obviously if we were just prospecting then even he would get off, after all we know there are fatilities in any industry.

Last edited by Less; 24-06-2014 at 21:21.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2014, 21:24   #309
God Member

wonder what the texts that brooks sent to david cameron,wonder what was on the computer she dumped in the multi-story car park
Old 24-06-2014, 22:03   #310
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
wonder what the texts that brooks sent to david cameron,wonder what was on the computer she dumped in the multi-story car park
Texts about dog biters, or so i heard.
Old 24-06-2014, 22:18   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Must have a big arse if she can dump a computer!

Still, she should be done for deficating in public.
Old 24-06-2014, 22:22   #312

Quote:
Perhaps, but I bet the only replies she got were, have you seen my kids? I seem to have one missing.
Old 24-06-2014, 23:12   #313
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Sorry meant dog stabbers, us owd gets get confused at night.
Old 25-06-2014, 00:51   #314
Senior Member+

Why the promise of an apology when Coulson was arrested?
because he knew all along what a rat Coulson was and he privately knew from confidential GCHQ records that his texts would incriminate him

It took the trial weeks to find out he was full of it.
Surely DC already found that out himself.
I'd call Cameron something only he doesn't have the warmth or the depth to justify using it
Your chickens are coming home to roost DC.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 06:36   #315
God Member

i think there will be more to come out next year ie gordon brown dog stabbers never mind that what happened about the boy who got his ears chopped off

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..