Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2011, 17:36   #406
Resting in Peace

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
As A-B so succinctly put it, if there are no jobs for the workers because of the strangling of employers with EU red tape, then what use are workers rights if the jobs have gone overseas to countries who are not hindered by EU regulations?
C'mon clever clogs get your brain round that one.
Brain, Margaret, your aiming a tad high there arn't you, even for C'Mon
Old 28-12-2011, 00:45   #407
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
This thread asks if members if they think Graham Jones did the right thing, in voting against people having the right to vote in a referendum on E.U. membership.

Please keep your anti-Tory gibberish to one of your many other threads.
And still even though Graham was on her tonight he chooses to ignore the thread Theres a surprise for us all NOT
Old 28-12-2011, 09:06   #408
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
And still even though Graham was on her tonight he chooses to ignore the thread Theres a surprise for us all NOT
Ya Bernie he waited well after midnight and made sure none of the people who give him a hard time were on line at the time, a political coward
Old 28-12-2011, 09:59   #409
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Bernie he waited well after midnight and made sure none of the people who give him a hard time were on line at the time, a political coward
How is anyone on here giving him a hard time?
He comes on when he wants a right any member has, then he ignores what has been said.
Perhaps more like a typical politician of any party than a,

political coward
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 10:34   #410
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How is anyone on here giving him a hard time?
He comes on when he wants a right any member has, then he ignores what has been said.
Perhaps more like a typical politician of any party than a,

political coward
Sorry Less have to disagree on this one, He is steering clear of answering questions that need answering, taking into consideration how he had USED this site for his OWN political ends in the past, but now is quite content to dodge the real issues, end of story
Old 23-01-2012, 12:37   #411
Give, give, give member

'Firuta Vasile, a Romanian immigrant and mother of four, smiles broadly as she holds out a copy of the Big Issue. And well she might, having just won a landmark court decision that entitles her to housing benefit for her Ł130,000 three-bedroom home on top of the Ł25,500-a-year state handouts she already gets.'

Firuta Vasile: The really Big Issue is bullying beggars who milk the welfare system | Mail Online

'Now she’s won — with legal aid, of course — the floodgates are open to other such cases.'

'...many will be appalled at the court’s decision and the fact that single mothers from countries such as Romania can simply arrive here and help themselves to Ł25,500 benefits.'

Many?

I wonder just how many of us are appalled at this madness, resulting from our E.U. membership?

Do we think it might be as high as 95%?

On no, can't be.

According to Graham Jones '95% of us don't give a toss about Europe'.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 15:29   #412
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Firuta Vasile, a Romanian immigrant and mother of four, smiles broadly as she holds out a copy of the Big Issue. And well she might, having just won a landmark court decision that entitles her to housing benefit for her Ł130,000 three-bedroom home on top of the Ł25,500-a-year state handouts she already gets.'
other such cases.'

'...many will be appalled at the court’s decision and the fact that single
Let's be fair- she is self employed-just the sort of entapreneur this country needs!

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 23-01-2012 at 15:30. Reason: How do you spell entra???
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 15:48   #413
God Member

I am apalled at all these "benefit wangling" stories -there is something fundamentally wrong when people can enter a country, where they have never contributed to the economy, and settle with large families and milk the system.

I know that EU laws are to blame but i have the feeling that they are only being exploited this way in the UK because of the "soft" system. In Italy you are entitled to no benefits unless you've worked for 2 years consecutively, and I've never heard of any cases similar to these stories. As far as I'm concerned free-migration within the EU should be based on having a job to move to or some guarantee of economic independence -makes sense and would cut out these scroungers having a field day.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 16:38   #414
Senior Member+

Interestingly someone(BBC,newspaper?) contacted the Romanian Embassy for a comment-the comment was 'These are not Romanians- they are Roma, no comment'.

It's not all the EUs fault, its the way our own PC brigade in Government, Civil Service and Local Government apply these rules.
As mobertol says, Italy doesn't allow it and the European Court doesn't jump on them.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 19:32   #415
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Interestingly someone(BBC,newspaper?) contacted the Romanian Embassy for a comment-the comment was 'These are not Romanians- they are Roma, no comment'.

It's not all the EUs fault, its the way our own PC brigade in Government, Civil Service and Local Government apply these rules.
As mobertol says, Italy doesn't allow it and the European Court doesn't jump on them.
I'm pretty certain Spain doesn't allow It either in fact If you have nowhere to live and no means of supporting you're self you are out the door.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 21:47   #416
Beacon of light

That is exactly as it should be.
We should tell them...No house, No job, No means of support....NO ENTRY.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 22:13   #417
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That is exactly as it should be.
We should tell them...No house, No job, No means of support....NO ENTRY.
You should take heed of what Bernard once posted.

'Think more like an Internationalist'.

You'll then be fully able to appreciate the many benefits Britain has, because of it's continued E.U. membership.

You'll soon join Graham Jones's 95% of the population who 'don't give a toss about Europe'.

Think like one of Bernard's Internationalists, and you'll probably find yourself down at Dover, welcoming your international brothers and sisters with open arms.

You'll probably find yourself opening up your purse, and stuffing your money directly into their pockets.

Thus cutting out the middle man.

Remember.

You're not a mug, you're an Internationalist.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:03   #418
Super Moderator

I see that Hyndburn's MP is once again making wise use of parliamentary time.

BBC News - Blackburn Rovers boss in fans 'smear campaign', claims MP

Banging on about football club that isn't even in his constituency!

Absolutely amazing!
Old 12-02-2012, 15:22   #419
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I see that Hyndburn's MP is once again making wise use of parliamentary time.

BBC News - Blackburn Rovers boss in fans 'smear campaign', claims MP

Banging on about football club that isn't even in his constituency!

Absolutely amazing!
Bit harsh, it affects at least a dozen people in Hyndburn
Old 12-02-2012, 18:10   #420
God Member

so blackburn rovers manager is supposedly launching a smear campaign against the fans and this needs addressing in parliament ?

i hope graham was addressing the issue of fans demanding keane be fired in parliament it has just as much merit to be addressed there lol

if teh rovers fans do manage to get keane out we could pick up some tips and get this clown out too hahaha

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..