Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2011, 13:03   #316
Beacon of light

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

95%...as low as that huh?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2011, 13:20   #317
Give, give, give member

Graham Jones - MP for Hyndburn - WinkBall

'Reflect the values of the British people.'

'The country's in a different place, from where political parties were before.'

'In touch with the ordinary people.'

Blah, blah, blah.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 15:14   #318
God Member

i wont deny i will be bitterly dissapointed if the clown gets elected again.

i was concerned hynburns new council would be dammaged by association to him but it turns out they are doing a pretty good job of making sure they dont get re elected again without any help from our local MP .

Hopefully UKIP will put a candidate up at election time to if anything increase the chances of getting rid of this so called peoples representitive

what a clown,I have never wanted to see the back of a politition so much since thatcher

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 15:49   #319
God Member

First time I've ever heard Graham Jones speak on the Winkball link - needs to practice impromptu interviews and have a few well tried battle-horses to hand. I get the impression he's still trying to work out where he stands (geographically) within the party; across, vertical, horizontal - says them all without actually taking a position on anything.

Doesn't even specify one particular policy which he thinks is important for building a better Britain - "All of it" is a real fudged answer...

Sorry Mr. Jones for me it's a 4 out of 10. 4 for not really answering a question, which is essential if you're going to be a politician, but you need to sound more convincing and like you know what you're talking about...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 23-11-2011 at 15:49. Reason: spelling
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 16:38   #320
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Graham Jones - MP for Hyndburn - WinkBall

'Reflect the values of the British people.'

'The country's in a different place, from where political parties were before.'

'In touch with the ordinary people.'

Blah, blah, blah.

Once you take out the jargon and the bs, there aint much left is there
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2011, 17:43   #321
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is a manifesto like when leaders make promises, before an election?

Like both Blair, and Brown did, promising a referendum on the E.U.?
Well ya they are usually about half an inch thick A5 and full to the gunnels with promises they never intend to keep when elected, and that's both sides and a wedge for the lib/dems too
Old 23-11-2011, 17:45   #322
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Compare and contrast the use of English and the manner of expression in the email with Graham's previous posts on this website and I think you will find a considerable difference in style. I suspect that there are a great many concerned labour voters across the country who have recieved a version of this email, all signed by their respective MP.
IOO% spot on Bob, a template letter issued by Labour research department to be edited to suit
Old 23-11-2011, 17:50   #323
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Once you take out the jargon and the bs, there ain't much left is there
Reminded me of one of them spoof interviews for you've been frame or candid camera
Old 23-11-2011, 17:55   #324
God Member

i think it took tony blair at least 2 weeks to break almost every single prommise he made prior to the election

in not joking either

its amazing that with our lots record for truth,decencey and keeping to tehir word any country dare sign a treaty with the UK

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 09:53   #325
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
I have received another e-mail from Graham Jones regarding the EU.....

The UK’s membership of the EU has brought a great many benefits to UK citizens, most notably in the area of workers’ rights. The TUPE, the Working Time Directive, guarantees of fair pay, paid holidays and maternity and paternity leave are all guaranteed by European law. Indeed, the EU protects us as consumers as well as workers; the reduction in the cost of mobile phone calls to other European countries was the result of decisions made in Europe......

Yours sincerely
Graham Jones
TUPE is almost a waste of time because it is to easy to get around.

The working time directive is another joke because my contact of employment also opts me out of the working time directive - the only dit you cant opt out of is the night working part.

As for guarantees of fair pay I have a little story - A local ish firm to here had its own employed staff running some equipment in one part of its plant and a contract labour firm running the packaged part of the plant. The employed staff were on better term, conditions and pay than the contract staff. Due to the equal pay thing the contract staff were now supposed to be on the same as the employed staff. What actually happened was the employed staff had 30% slashed off their wages so they matched the contract staff.

Its ok saying they should all be paid the same but some companies just can not afford what these regulations impose so they have to either cut wages or cut staff and use cheaper contract labour. The only people than win is the contact labour companies not the employees or employer.
Old 24-11-2011, 10:00   #326
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also know a localish firm did a similar thing, couple of years ago around half the staff were dismissed, most, not all (fer obvious reasons) were re-employed via n employment agency, i'll leave yeh to guess the rest. but what neil n i say is complete crap,cos G.J. says "Many Benefits"
Old 24-11-2011, 10:03   #327
Give, give, give member

Thought I'd share this exciting news.

Though I do realise 95% of you won't 'give a toss' about it.

'BRITAIN poured a colossal £18.5billion into EU coffers last year - the equivalent of more than £50m a day.

The staggering figures – £730 for every British household over the 12 months – were revealed yesterday in the Government’s annual accounts.
They show that the UK’s gross contributions to the European Union juggernaut of excess climbed by 5.7 per cent between 2009 and 2010.'

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/285635

'Data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows that if the UK continues its current trend of net migration – the difference between those arriving and those leaving – the population will reach 70 million by 2027 and 80 million by 2056.'

UK to become most populous EU nation if immigration not curbed

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 10:10   #328
Beacon of light

And in 2 years time the Roumanians will be eligible to migrate all over the EU.
They won't want to go to France, they won't want to go to Germany...they won't want to go to Spain...not even Portugal....and Ireland...oh, do give over. Where do you think they will want to head for. Why? The good old UK of course.....give 'em a house...give 'em benefits...make 'em welcome.

GET US OUT OF THE EU NOW !!!!
Old 24-11-2011, 10:15   #329
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

But why can yeh not accept,were in the E.U. fer our benefit, its just were to thick to appreciate that fact.
Old 24-11-2011, 10:19   #330
Beacon of light

Cashy are you calling me thick? or are you jsut repeating what GJ said?
I thought he said I was a 'sensible' poster(or words to that effect)....so does sensible mean 'thick' then?
I am ever so confused.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..