Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2024, 16:46   #31
Beacon of light

Re: The state of our hospitals.

Taddy my old feller would love a whisky and coke.
He is on medications which mean that he cannot have this.

He frequently asks Doctors if he can have a whisky and they tell him it is not advisable…but never say that he can’t.
I show him the information leaflet in the tablets…it says NO alcohol…so if the makers say NO….then he isn’t getting any

Oh yes and I am with the Rosemere crew who say shave off the face fungus..only monkeys and Alsatians should have hairy faces.

When David was in Blackpool having his heart surgery he did not shave for about ten days
I asked him to shave…..I face timed him one day and he still had a furry face so I did not bother to make the 6hour round trip by bus…if he could not shave, then I would not visit.
taddy likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-03-2024 at 16:51.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2024, 11:01   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy my old feller would love a whisky and coke.
He is on medications which mean that he cannot have this.

He frequently asks Doctors if he can have a whisky and they tell him it is not advisable…but never say that he can’t.
I show him the information leaflet in the tablets…it says NO alcohol…so if the makers say NO….then he isn’t getting any

Oh yes and I am with the Rosemere crew who say shave off the face fungus..only monkeys and Alsatians should have hairy faces.

When David was in Blackpool having his heart surgery he did not shave for about ten days
I asked him to shave…..I face timed him one day and he still had a furry face so I did not bother to make the 6hour round trip by bus…if he could not shave, then I would not visit.
Marge I hope that you were having a Giraffe with the above comment, if not then I think that you were more than a bit out of order; The poor bloke had just gone through the Trauma of heart surgery and yet you were blackmailing him into having a shave. If Hazel ever tries a similar tactic with me I would leave my hair and whiskers uncut for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Neil; 07-04-2024 at 09:18.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2024, 14:13   #33
Beacon of light

No I was not having a laugh Taddy. Nor do I think I was out of order. I asked him to shave and look tidy…that he didn’t, meant that he did not care what I thought…or that is how it seemed to me.

If I can spend more than three hours (each way)travelling by public transport to get to Blackpool, then he can spend five minutes shaving his face. There was nothing wrong with his arms.
This was while he was waiting for his surgery…so he had had nothing done..had nothing to do either.
He knows that I do not like him looking like Worzel Gummidge and he looked like a tramp.

Taddy if you have been bearded for all of your married life then I take it that Hazel married you while you were bearded.

My feller was clean shaven when we met…had he not been I would not have gone out with him. That is just how it is.
I did not consider it to be blackmail..I considered it to be a trade off.
If he shaved and looked clean and tidy, then I would happily visit him. That is just how it is.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-03-2024 at 14:17.
Old 24-03-2024, 14:21   #34
Beacon of light

Oh and by the way Taddy David could have had a shave done by the barber who visited the ward on a daily basis.
Old 24-03-2024, 17:31   #35

Quote:
No I was not having a laugh Taddy. Nor do I think I was out of order. I asked him to shave and look tidy…that he didn’t, meant that he did not care what I thought…or that is how it seemed to me.

If I can spend more than three hours (each way)travelling by public transport to get to Blackpool, then he can spend five minutes shaving his face. There was nothing wrong with his arms.
This was while he was waiting for his surgery…so he had had nothing done..had nothing to do either.
He knows that I do not like him looking like Worzel Gummidge and he looked like a tramp.

Taddy if you have been bearded for all of your married life then I take it that Hazel married you while you were bearded.

My feller was clean shaven when we met…had he not been I would not have gone out with him. That is just how it is.
I did not consider it to be blackmail..I considered it to be a trade off.
If he shaved and looked clean and tidy, then I would happily visit him. That is just how it is.
No Marge, I did not have a hairy beard or mustache when I first met Hazel as I was only 16 and Hazel was 14, the beard was a bet, (after we were married) when I was twenty years old, between me and four of my mates, a ten shilling wager as to who was the last to have a shave, I came second, and had to pay the winner, who is still my best mate and still has a beard as I have and was the best man at my wedding, need I say more.

Last edited by Neil; 07-04-2024 at 09:18.
Old 24-03-2024, 18:18   #36
Beacon of light

So Hazel does not mind you being bearded.

I do not like my man with a hairy face. It does not look good on him…it does nothing for him, it doesn’t enhance him in any way….it just looks lazy(and dare I say it ‘unkempt?’).

How much energy does it take to have a shave? I was not asking my man to haul a ten ton truck, to carry coal….all I wanted was for him to look like he belonged to me. To spend five minutes having a shave…or getting the barber to do it.

I cannot think of any man who looks good with a beard…no…I can think of only one…
Santa Claus.
Beards do not do it for me…neither does stubble.
It makes me wonder why a man wants to hide his face.

I am quite prepared to step back and let those ladies who find beards attractive, have their pick.
I mean no offence to those men who have beards.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-03-2024 at 18:22.
Old 25-03-2024, 09:21   #37

Quote:
So Hazel does not mind you being bearded.

I do not like my man with a hairy face. It does not look good on him…it does nothing for him, it doesn’t enhance him in any way….it just looks lazy(and dare I say it ‘unkempt?’).

How much energy does it take to have a shave? I was not asking my man to haul a ten ton truck, to carry coal….all I wanted was for him to look like he belonged to me. To spend five minutes having a shave…or getting the barber to do it.

I cannot think of any man who looks good with a beard…no…I can think of only one…
Santa Claus.
Beards do not do it for me…neither does stubble.
It makes me wonder why a man wants to hide his face.

I am quite prepared to step back and let those ladies who find beards attractive, have their pick.
I mean no offence to those men who have beards.
So you want Dave to look like he "BELONGS" to you Eh, I dare say that if a man had said that about his wife he would have had the feminist's down on him like a ton of bricks saying no man can own his wife. but everyone to their own.

Last edited by Neil; 07-04-2024 at 09:19.
Old 25-03-2024, 11:46   #38
Beacon of light

Taddy, when we married I took his name, I wear his ring which indicates that I belong to him…I thought that was what marriage meant.
Are you saying that him belonging to me is a bad thing? Or that me belonging to him is something that is wrong?
I am just asking out of interest.
Taddy, if he had not ‘belonged’ to me he would not be sitting opposite me right now…he would be in an urn on the sideboard.
With the greatest respect, you do not know the hurdles I have leaped for him…over the last 18 months I have gone into battle for him to get the medical care he needs(most of this is because I KNOW what he needs because of my past life)…why?
Because he belongs to me. If that concept offends you then I feel sad for you.

I hope most sincerely that you BELONG to Hazel in the same way.

Now I am going to do what Mick would have done and say this is a major thread wander and if you want to carry on this conversation it does not belong in this thread…start a new thread if you think it has legs
Old 25-03-2024, 14:19   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have to say i agree with margaret i have never had a beard never will.
Old 06-04-2024, 13:59   #40
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
I have had the unfortunate experience three times recently…not for myself, but for my husband who has serious heart issues.
I do not know how you can ensure privacy, dignity or confidentiality in these circumstances.
During one these visits I saw an elderly gentleman with dementia get off a trolley exposing himself because he had no pyjama bottoms on.
He was very unsteady on his feet….so a fractured hip waiting to happen.

It is lamentable and much of it is because people cannot get to see GPs.

Taddy I hope that Hazel is OK.
I'm just wondering if any of you have raised these issues with the CQC? The service was deemed inadequate in 2019 because of corridor care. It appears that this has not changed. It may be worth raising this with the CQC, especially with concerns about privacy, dignity and confidentiality.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 12:41   #41
Beacon of light

I have not raised it with the CQC…mainly because I hadn’t thought of it.
I did e-mail the Chief Executive.
But there has been no appreciable change.
I would resist having to go to A&E. it is not a place that is suitable for vulnerable patients who have no voice.
It is not the fault of the nursing team. I do not know how they manage their workload, or for that matter how they can ensure patient safety.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:45   #42
Beacon of light

Thank you Lettie I have now bookmarked the details of contact for the CQC…and for those who would like the details here is a link.

https://www.cqc.org.uk/contact-us
lettie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..