Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 13:45   #541
Resting in Peace

Re: Planning Applications

Indeed, GG and this was the approval, as I am sure your sister knows .. might be worth it for her to keep on eye on any deviations from the plans

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...0BB5%206PJ.pdf

We have discussed it on here somewhere .. can't find it though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2011, 17:24   #542
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Indeed, GG and this was the approval, as I am sure your sister knows .. might be worth it for her to keep on eye on any deviations from the plans

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...0BB5%206PJ.pdf

We have discussed it on here somewhere .. can't find it though.
Aye, especially when in 6 months time there is a sign unveiled outside the building reading 'Adelphi Curry, Kebab & Pizza Takeaway'.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:49   #543
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Aye, especially when in 6 months time there is a sign unveiled outside the building reading 'Adelphi Curry, Kebab & Pizza Takeaway'.

Sounds about right, time to move I think.
Old 10-01-2011, 22:02   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
They would have to apply for planning permission to change a dwelling into a commercial premises. As the building is in such a prominent place, I am sure that any change of use would be reported to the planning department.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 22:31   #545
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
They would have to apply for planning permission to change a dwelling into a commercial premises. As the building is in such a prominent place, I am sure that any change of use would be reported to the planning department.
You can rest assured on that point.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48   #546
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I thought the usual way was to just do and apply for retro permission with the Council enforcement officers doing little to stop them. Can't remember last time I read about someone being stopped building or being forced to return a building to how it was because they did not apply for planning permission first.

Please prove me wrong on this, it would be good to know people can't just do what they want. There are some post on this thread about houses being built that had not had planning approved first
Old 13-01-2011, 18:46   #547
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought the usual way was to just do and apply for retro permission with the Council enforcement officers doing little to stop them. Can't remember last time I read about someone being stopped building or being forced to return a building to how it was because they did not apply for planning permission first.

Please prove me wrong on this, it would be good to know people can't just do what they want. There are some post on this thread about houses being built that had not had planning approved first
I wish, some people think they can do as they please, but again that depends on who you are, hows this for trying to get away with it

No permission for dome on Blackburn mosque (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The dome is fixed to a bulit up felt roof that covers a "tank room", me thinks building regs, structural calcs.need I go on

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:09   #548
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I know I think about things in simple terms but almost everything without planning permission that requires it should be put back to its original state before planning permission can be apllied for.

That would cost those who wish to break the rules money and stop them doing it. Retrospective permission should be very rare.

Any work carried out by professional builders without permission should lead to a big fine for the builder. They know the rules so should not build without permission.

Why can our Councils/Government not see things so simply?
Old 14-01-2011, 13:42   #549
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I know I think about things in simple terms but almost everything without planning permission that requires it should be put back to its original state before planning permission can be apllied for.
That would cost those who wish to break the rules money and stop them doing it. Retrospective permission should be very rare.
Any work carried out by professional builders without permission should lead to a big fine for the builder. They know the rules so should not build without permission.
Why can our Councils/Government not see things so simply?
How true, I agree with every word, the planning enforcement system needs to be toughened up, with heavy fines for those that try to "get away with it"

Albert Einstein.

Old 14-01-2011, 13:49   #550
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

You should have put

"heavy fines"

in big bold letters, someone at HBC might see it and think it could be a way to make a few quid.
Old 14-01-2011, 13:55   #551
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
How true, I agree with every word, the planning enforcement system needs to be toughened up, with heavy fines for those that try to "get away with it"
Here's another classic case, the applicant wants to chop more trees down because they are to near his new houses, houses not built in the spot that had been originally planned.

Bid to knock down trees at luxury Blackburn project rejected (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The comments below this article in the let make interesting reading

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 14-01-2011 at 13:58.
Old 14-01-2011, 14:28   #552
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

He should be forced to move the houses if they are built in the wrong place. If he can't read drawings to build them in the right place what else could he have done wrong. How far off the agreed site are they?
Old 14-01-2011, 15:02   #553
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
the old adelphi pub down town is being turned into a large 4 bedroom house, plans have already been submitted and approved - and they have already began to clear it out..
I know this as my sister has bought the house next door to it and they were told and shown plans of the pub/soon to be house...
This was the article in the LEC, GG re. advising change of use. Just spotted the comment by 'Manwell' ... eeew hek .. spooks... lol.

Plan to turn historic Accrington pub into family home (From Blackburn Citizen)
Old 14-01-2011, 15:16   #554
Resting in Peace

Agree there should be some heavy fine put in place for people who ignore planning rules ... 'Ignorance of the law is no excuse' should be applied.

There are loads of enforcement notices every year for the committee to consider .. granted those who have overstepped the mark on their granted PP mostly.

Having to pull a building down on retrospective if not in line with regulations does happen on all types of buildings including signs, shop fronts, etc. Think it reasonable to accept if they have built it in accordance with Planning, but a slap in the pocket, with a heavy fine, would not go amiss. Would at least help to cover the cost to the council.
Old 14-01-2011, 15:35   #555
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think it reasonable to accept if they have built it in accordance with Planning, but a slap in the pocket, with a heavy fine, would not go amiss. Would at least help to cover the cost to the council.
But what if they are built it as it should be but not in the right place though? Should they have to pull in down again and rebuild in the right place if they wish?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..