Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2011, 10:33   #676
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Thanks Park, was looking out for that one ... missed it.

Well done to Neil and Co. on this ... that park is shaping up beautifully.
Looking that good I could move back over there
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2011, 15:21   #677
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Didn't know the cells weren't operative at Manchester Road anymore. Because they have mentioned no cells on Grange Lane ...maybe they intend to have them now at Castle House ?
Was mentioned to me that cells have to be bomb proof ... so is that is why they state no cells on Grange Lane ?

Should think Castle House is well built though ..looks it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 17:29   #678
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

This is interesting... can't quite get my head around it, although looking at the pictures of Thompson Court .. .is a mess, and any improvement welcome. Not sure that I would wish to live there though .. but that is subjective. Just outline at the moment.

http://planning.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/WA...ber=11/11/0131

Application No: 11/11/0131
Registration Date: 31 Mar 2011
Location: THOMPSON COURT OFF BANK STREET ACCRINGTON
Development: OUTLINE APPLICATION ACCESS, LAYOUT, ANS SCALE APPLIED FOR. ERECTION OF 4 DWELLINGS.

Documents

Last edited by katex; 02-04-2011 at 17:36.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 18:41   #679
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Was mentioned to me that cells have to be bomb proof ... so is that is why they state no cells on Grange Lane ?

Should think Castle House is well built though ..looks it.
No the police cells just need to be idiot proof and comply with home office directives, cost a lota to build
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 18:50   #680
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
This is interesting... can't quite get my head around it, although looking at the pictures of Thompson Court .. .is a mess, and any improvement welcome. Not sure that I would wish to live there though .. but that is subjective. Just outline at the moment.

Case File

Application No: 11/11/0131
Registration Date: 31 Mar 2011
Location: THOMPSON COURT OFF BANK STREET ACCRINGTON
Development: OUTLINE APPLICATION ACCESS, LAYOUT, ANS SCALE APPLIED FOR. ERECTION OF 4 DWELLINGS.

Documents
Its directly opposite Accrington Blind Society, the existing shops are in a poor state, it would be a good development if it gets the go ahead. Although Accrington may loose some on stree parking - Bank street.
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 19:15   #681
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Its directly opposite Accrington Blind Society, the existing shops are in a poor state, it would be a good development if it gets the go ahead. Although Accrington may loose some on stree parking - Bank street.

Don't think so, Park .. did you see the layout .. parking has been taken into consideration in the courtyard. It's not the shops .. look at the plans .. behind the shops down that alley.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 19:40   #682
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't think so, Park .. did you see the layout .. parking has been taken into consideration in the courtyard. It's not the shops .. look at the plans .. behind the shops down that alley.
The site boundary fronts on to Bank street, the existing shops are being altered, take another look at it, ground floor and site plans, Blue Sky Architects, formally known as Grimshaw & Townsend Eagle street Accrington. OK so Bank street parking should still be available
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 19:50   #683
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
The site boundary fronts on to Bank street, the existing shops are being altered, take another look at it, ground floor and site plans, Blue Sky Architects, formally known as Grimshaw & Townsend Eagle street Accrington. OK so Bank street parking should still be available
It is confusing ... application for only the four dwellings though.


Who is this Mr. Lamb, I wonder, who owns that land ?

Last edited by katex; 02-04-2011 at 19:54.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 22:31   #684
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

This area was once featured in a Retlaw quiz.(which I solved)
I have looked at those plans - they are two sets of SINGLE bedroomed semis, with their own parking area, all accessible through that ginnel.
It would only take one careless car parker on Bank St to make them inaccessible.
Single bed accommodation is in demand in an ageing population - but not where you have stairs
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30   #685
Resting in Peace

 
katex's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This area was once featured in a Retlaw quiz.(which I solved)
I have looked at those plans - they are two sets of SINGLE bedroomed semis, with their own parking area, all accessible through that ginnel.
It would only take one careless car parker on Bank St to make them inaccessible.
Single bed accommodation is in demand in an ageing population - but not where you have stairs

Yes, remember Retlaw's quiz .... surprised he hasn't commented ...he is the expert on the court yards.
It looks like there could be an issue re. the style not fitting in with the surroundings.
Think they will put some very heavy warnings about parking across the entrance but, like you say, are some inconsiderate drivers out there.
Suspect they will not be aimed at the elderly ... more young couples ?
Anyway, they say is best to have stairs for elderly people, keeps the joints working.. LOL.

By the way, did you get as far as looking at the 'bat' report? Has some 'photos of the present condition of this site. Love those reports ... very informative.

Last edited by katex; 03-04-2011 at 11:34.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:47   #686
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

I hadn't, but have now - some interesting pics there.
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 13:11   #687
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
It looks like there could be an issue re. the style not fitting in with the surroundings.
Bank street and all areas round are part of the Town centre conservation area

http://www.urbed.coop/journal_docs/A...r%202part1.pdf
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:02   #688
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
11/09/0405 LCC Consultation: Full: Construction of a Heys Playing Field Heron Way
05/10/2009
single storey football pavilion including new Oswaldtwistle Accrington
car park, footpath, 2.4m high 2D security
fencing, conversion of existing all weather
pitch to natural grass football pitch and
redraining works to existing pitches
Children & Young People Director
Work has started. Earth moving equipment woke me early today.
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:53   #689
Senior Member+
 
park381's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Work has started. Earth moving equipment woke me early today.
Not to early I hope margaret.
From the planning permission
No construction development or delivery of materials shall take place outside the hours of
07:30 hours to 18:00 hours Monday to Friday
08:00 hours to 13:00 hours on Saturday
No construction development or delivery of materials on Sundays or Public holidays
__________________

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11   #690
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Planning Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Not to early I hope margaret.
From the planning permission
No construction development or delivery of materials shall take place outside the hours of
07:30 hours to 18:00 hours Monday to Friday
08:00 hours to 13:00 hours on Saturday
No construction development or delivery of materials on Sundays or Public holidays
They are doing it right
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 22:49.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1