Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2005, 15:34   #16

Re: Local Band gets signed

Take it from me it's better to try and fail than think later in life "What if?" I know someone who's lad played football for the reserves at Bolton,,he's now out of football and in full time work,but he can't turn round and wonder what if? So if your in a Band or what ever go for it! Life's a one shot deal and most never get second chance's!'

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2005, 16:14   #17

Hey,yep you're right. I've been writing lyrics (and melodies) for a long time now and having recently formed a band last year I was extremely proud to have my lyrics made into songs. The fact that 'mulstonian' says he is getting somewhere (which for him... did I actually say you wouldn't? It was you that text me that :s) but anyway, it doesn't bother me that if I don't get signed through our manager because I still know myself that I have written those lyrics and made some pretty gd songs, which is more important... And mulstonian,saying you're 'better' doesn't make the slightest impact on anyone's judgement. Robdun24 - we have a couple of tracks recorded if you wanna hear, we're a rock/pop band named Established - unsigned and doing gigs this Summer. If you go on www.soundclick.com and search 'Established (UK)' you will be able to download a piano version of one of our latest songs
Old 15-04-2005, 16:18   #18

hiya everyone! im in a band with chelle n like im proud of wat we av achieved which is producing some xcellent songs frm melodies written by chelle n i am glad liam is gettin gigs cos its wat he wants to do. i jus don't agree that he is "better" than us because he does totally different songs to us and doesnt write his own stuff apparently.
chibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 16:51   #19

Yep chibble, if Liam wants to do gigs then he can do them. It has nothing to do with us or trying to get 'one over' on us, which is what he's probably trying to do this for :s. We don't have the same aims as you,we don't wanna get a manager we're unfamiliar with and be sent songs from other artists' writers etc... we write,produce and record all our own stuff and that's more important to us than getting someone else's. We already have a manager atm but we are waiting til we have a wide variety of recorded,perfected tracks until we will consider ourselves ready to send them off to any labels.
Old 15-04-2005, 16:59   #20

hey i hear nik kershaw came from accy? and jon anderson went to school in accy. Who will be next to make it?

Good luck to anybody on here that is trying to make it with music!

robert

PS shelle, Any solo support slots on your gigs?
Old 15-04-2005, 17:11   #21

innit chelle, innit. we av wkd songs n i know its big-headed but i dont care... WE ARE ACE! hehe
chibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 17:14   #22

soundclick wont play the songs...i tried to D/L the mp3 but couldnt because it said page not found....

Chibba let others be the judge, after all if sucess is in mind this is what makes sucess. I cant have this view( i tried) to love my own songs in that way, but its hard for me to do so........

robert
Old 15-04-2005, 17:45   #23

hmm I dunno why the download won't work Rob. You on MSN? I could send you one over that, and as of yet I'm not sure about the solo slots, I guess we could consider it if they suit.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..