Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Nightlife, Events, Days out
Donate! Join Today

Nightlife, Events, Days out To discuss events, nightlife, pubs etc.. in and around Accrington. Also days out and about, where to go, where have you been, let us know!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16   #16

Re: Eating Out - English!

auberge in rishton classy nice food
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2008, 08:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
try the walton arms or the hyndburn bridge
Unfortunately, last time I visited the Walton Arms (July this year) the quality of food and the standard of service were both unacceptable. I would recommend that you try somewhere else.

The Alma at Laneshawbridge was really good (also in July), but not very handy for Accrington.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40   #18
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
That one is crying out for a joke. Not many otters seen around there lately, but according to the article in the Obby last week, about the painting... oops. runs and hides.
Now what have I missed?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33   #19
Caz
God Member

Edward Foster - Lancashire Artist

Centre picture, caused a little local annoyance.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26   #20

Over Coffee on Blackburn Road, Accrington - open every Friday and Saturday night from 7pm. Serving steaks on a Friday along side the Bistro menu. All meat from local butcher - all from farms within a 25 mile radius. Fish from Steve Bramwell of Accy market and fresh fruit & veg from Smiths of Accy market. All fresh, home cooked and seasonal. Good value too. Steak night - only £10.95 for 8oz steak, hand cut chips, onion rings, mushrooms and tomato plus free bottle of beer or glass of wine.
Hayley C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 14:10   #21

I think Phil has booked us somewhere in Gt Harwood, I think it's just called Harwoods!! Anyone been?? Whats it like??

Thanks alot.

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 14:59   #22
God Member

That is where I was talking about Gail, a lot of my friends have been and really enjoyed it
Old 10-10-2008, 06:53   #23

Oh good! I'm looking forward to it.

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:02   #24
Resting in Peace

If you want a really good meal and have transport try the Corporation arms at longridge but you will have to phone first .
we have been a few times and its very good.
here is there website

http://corporationarms-longridge.co.uk/index.htm
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 16:17   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley C View Post
Over Coffee on Blackburn Road, Accrington - open every Friday and Saturday night from 7pm. Serving steaks on a Friday along side the Bistro menu. All meat from local butcher - all from farms within a 25 mile radius. Fish from Steve Bramwell of Accy market and fresh fruit & veg from Smiths of Accy market. All fresh, home cooked and seasonal. Good value too. Steak night - only £10.95 for 8oz steak, hand cut chips, onion rings, mushrooms and tomato plus free bottle of beer or glass of wine.
Over Coffee is very good, we have been a few times for lunch but went last Saturday night for a change. The food was of excellent quality, with interesting choices on the menu (Ian had wood pigeon to start), and the desserts were delicious.

It was very reasonably priced and it's good to see that local produce is used. It's also nice to find somewhere good to eat that you don't have to travel too far to as well.

I would highly recommed Over Coffee to anyone.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 12:52   #26

Well we ended up at Harwood's last night and must say it was excellent. Food was very good indeed and the service was spot-on. Deffo be going back in the future and both 'erindoors and myself recommend the place to all.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 13:11   #27
God Member

Have been told before that it is worth a visit, will have to get on to my mates and give it a try. Glad you enjoyed it
Old 05-11-2008, 14:21   #28
Senior Member+

I've never been but someone said the Griffin on Burnley road at Huncoat was doing decent food. I know there was something in the Observer awhile back stating they were doing "Proper" chips now.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 14:55   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I've never been but someone said the Griffin on Burnley road at Huncoat was doing decent food. I know there was something in the Observer awhile back stating they were doing "Proper" chips now.

Best Regards - Taggy

It was`nt very good when we went recently and the choice was very poor....... and no veggie option.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 17:56   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
auberge in rishton classy nice food

very nice there.... will be going again soon :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..