View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 11:45   #781
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
only yesterday it was disclosed that HMRC had not bothered to chase the interest on tax debts of large companies(like Vodafone)....so it beggars belief that GJ is wittering on about some little man dodging a few quid in tax(though, I'm not saying it is right).
It seems that the tax net is to catch all the little flies(like you and me) and big flies break right through it and pay nothing....legally.
Isn't it time that the government looked at all these tax evasion/avoidance schemes and closed the gaps? Maybe then, the finances of the country would be in a healthier state.

Foreign students owe millions of pounds in unpaid student loans – yet only nine have been taken to court to recover the debts.

'Nearly half of all students from European Union countries, who can take advantage of subsidised student loans like British students, are failing to meet their repayments.'

Thousands of EU students owe £20 million in unpaid loans but just nine have been taken to court - Telegraph

You'd think any half-decent politican would be shouting about this outrageous situation.

As long as he wasn't a europhile internationalist M.P.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web