View Single Post
Old 29-06-2012, 05:15   #58
mobertol
God Member

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2012

I love Wimbledon and tennis in general Sue -it's an amazing battle of skill and nerves in the singles matches and the doubes matches are quick and entertaining. Even if i don't watch every match -it's on in the background to keep me company - no commentary -just the noise from the court. Sky interactive is great -you can choose between 6 matches!
Had meant to re-open this thread myself to let Cashy know that a five-pound note is on the dresser in the dining room with his name written on it in pencil (superstitious!)-this is for our bet which we took on at the beginning of this year!
Having seen Murray's first two matches I still say he will win it this year...he finished off Davydenko easily 6-1,6-1-6-4 and then yesterday beat the Croatian giant Karlovich, 7-5,7-6,6-7,6-4 in quite a tricky match. He's looking mentally strong and was playing all his shots. Let'shope he can keep it up and improve through the tournament. C'mon Andy!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 29-06-2012 at 05:16. Reason: hitting the wrong keys!
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote