View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 19:27   #21
Paul Savage

Re: Hyndburn Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I was involved in the sale of Hyndburn Transport to Stagecoach in 1996, Paul. From memory, the Council had been advised that a sale was inevitable, and we commissioned a study by KPMG to determine the way forward, how to go about selling the Company and how much it was worth. If you can get hold of a copy of the report from the Council, it might give you some valuable information.

I don't know what the rules on confidentiality are, because it was all treated with great secrecy at the time. With the passing of time, such secrecy may no longer be necessary. The Council legal team will be able to advise you, and a request under the freedom of information rules might be possible.
That should provide a good level of information if I can get hold of a copy. The Council have referred me to the library saying they don't have any archive records at all of Hyndburn Transport so possibly time to call in our local councillor to do some digging I think!!

I'll be visiting the library in the next few days to see what they have - may even have the report with a bit of luck. I have quite a lot of press cuttings from the sale period which give some indication of what seemed to be a somewhat unsettled process involving the likes of Blackpool Transport, Rossendale and ultimately, Stagecoach. Be interesting to fit the pieces together properly!

Thanks for the information - I really appreciate people taking the time to help.
Paul Savage is offline   Reply With Quote