View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 20:14   #23
gynn
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Savage View Post
The Council have referred me to the library saying they don't have any archive records at all of Hyndburn Transport so possibly time to call in our local councillor to do some digging I think!!

I'll be visiting the library in the next few days to see what they have - may even have the report with a bit of luck. I have quite a lot of press cuttings from the sale period which give some indication of what seemed to be a somewhat unsettled process involving the likes of Blackpool Transport, Rossendale and ultimately, Stagecoach. Be interesting to fit the pieces together properly!
The Council normally only keeps files for about 7 years, so asking for a file from 16 years ago was always going to be a long shot. I remember a meeting with Tony Depledge from Blackpool Transport, and we spoke to Blackburn and Rossendale. There was also another of the big name companies, a rival to Stagecoach, whose name escapes me.

The Stagecoach offer was the only one on the table, which was controversial because Stagecoach's reputation at that time was not good.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote