View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12   #30
Gremlin
Senior Member+

Re: Floods In Rising Bridge

I was doing the Welsh Express for Ribblesdale Batty Holt tours and set off to Butlins Pwllheli with a coach load of happy punters, as jaysay said above, it was a lovely hot sunny day and everybody was in high spirits.
I dropped the punters off at the camp, had my free dinner and picked up the people who had spent the previous week there.

Once again they were all happy and singing and saying how much they had enjoyed their selves. They asked me about the weather back home and I told them how nice and sunny it was.
We were around the north Manchester area when we saw the rain and when we got towards Edenfield we were stopped by the police and told about the floods.
I couldn't believe how bad it was, especially after the fantastic weather we had up until then.
I can't just remember how we got through but the people on the coach who lived around Haslingden were in great panic and couldn't wait to get off and see if their homes had been affected.
I am glad you jogged my memory because I had only just started on the job and couldn't remember when it was.