Thread: Army cuts
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 18:07   #9
accyman
God Member

Re: Army cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
My cousin has been told that he is being made redundant. He is a sergeant in the RAF and has been there for 21 years. After 22 years in the RAF you can claim full RAF pension. My cousin's redundancy will come into force when he is 7 weeks short of the 22 years, therefore, saving the RAF a fortune. He is not the only one this is happening to, there are hundreds up and down the country.
No matter how good a life style the armed forces personnel may have when we are not at war, I would never recommend to anyone that they join up. People like my cousin, who have seen active service, are robbed blind in the most underhand way when it comes to their pensions.
and you can bet he will be seen soon on TV saying how great our troops are and how much he respects them.

dont get me wrong they are and he should but from the way this government and the last lot treated our troops its quite eveident they dont give a toss about our troops

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote