View Single Post
Old 16-07-2012, 19:25   #49
Odin
Junior Member+

Re: Woodnook Improvement Scheme 2012 With Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I lived on Hudson Street 70's early 80's and can't think of anyone who rented in those days..the photo of the area as it is now made me gasp.. ok it's many years since I was there but how on earth can it have got so bad?... the homes are not council house stock but how can any council in the country allow an area of it's town become totally run down and to be blunt a complete slum?
edit: South Street still looks half decent.. but has been said god help the people that are living there.. the whole area is a disgrace to Hyndburn Council!
If a Council Evicts someone, they are legally bound to find them other accomodation. Hyndburn Council will accept any old rubbish, as they did with all the evicted rubbish from Manchester and all the Travellers, who regularly held street fights (although they did have a referee) Hudson Street Ocupants will have witnessed them often. An elderly intimidated neighbour will sell their property at a vastly reduced rate to the scum Landlords who promptly put in more rubish and before long they own the whole block.
then collect several years worth of Housing benefit and haggle over the price of a compulsory purchase.
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote