View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 19:14   #1594
mobertol
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Thanks Davemac for starting this thread, there are some fantastic pictures of places I have never visited, walks around Accrington for example.
The ones in Iceland are really something different, a Country I have never been to and being a big old softy who likes to keep warm I doubt I ever will.

DaveinGermany, you asked about my camera. it's a D5000 Nikon DSLR, I have two lenses a 18 -55 mm and a 55-300mm, both are good Nikon lenses with Vibration reduction.
I have tried picture manipulation but they always seem to come out worse so now I just post them as they came from the SD card.

Margaret liked the chimneys so there is one more photo taken yesterday at Downham, it is one of the few places where TV antenna are not allowed so the chimneys are clear of them.

Mobertol you went to Hebden Bridge, if you had gone a little bit further down the Rochdale canal to Sowerby Bridge you would see the deepest canal lock in England.
I was born and bred in Walsden by the Rochdale canal and can just remember the boats coming through with coal, wool or cotton and the bargees letting us ride between the locks.

And finally I stopped at Spring wood today for an ice cream and managed to snap a squirrel or two.
Oh, wow -the squirrels -lovely! Well done...

As well as cobbles I also love stone cottages/terraces and chimneys -we all have our little peculiarities!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote