View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02   #1634
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Thanks Dave, I have looked your camera up, it seems to have a decent spec, it certainly takes good photos.
I had a Fujifilm 9500 but it was much bigger than yours and wouldn't fit in my pocket.
I sold it to a mate when I bought the Nikon DSLR, that's even bigger with the interchangeable lenses and needs a camera bag to cart it around.
I also had a Fujifilm compact, not as good as yours but still a decent camera but it didn't have a veiwfinder and I can't do with quinting at the screen, especially if the sun is behind me.
I hadn't bothered with it for a while so I sold it to another mate far too cheaply.

I have priced a macro lens on Amazon for my Nikon and they are upwards of £350, I will leave the macro shots to you Dave, otherwise my wife would imprint my head on the back of a the frying pan.
Its horses for courses really, I probably wouldn't post as many photos as I do if it had to be carried in a bag.
A viewfinder would not work for me especially in macro mode, a viewfinder would look past the subject, and you would have to fiddle with offset correction. My shots close up, are at ground level a lot of the time and looking through a viewfinder would not be possible, also my head would be in contact with the camera and the camera is an inch away from the subject. With a screen the camera can be at arms length, and I can still centre the subject. As I said though, its what works for you.

As Susie said though the flash pops up on turn on, but it can be pushed in if you wish to disable the flash.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote