View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 13:38   #7
simon
Senior Member+

Re: 4x4's should they be banned?

4x4's Should not be banned ( and of course will not)

But they should be discouraged from the mainstream as should people carriers.

If you live on a farm, down a country track, in snowy conditions(mostly), or choose to play in them(looks fun) Then you should be entitled to drive the APPROPIATE vehicle.

But if you are just a bad driver who feels more confident in a bigger vehicle, or if you have "small mans disease" (feelings of inaquacey(?)) And want to bully the rest of society with 2 tons because of your disease.Then you should be taxed all the way too heaven and back.......

Why do the "rich set" need a X5, Range Rover, Landcruiser etc to take the kids to school or shopping?? An audi A4 Tdi is a lot nicer looking, fast, economical..???

Have you seen the dents the back door of a 4x4 being slung open by a spoilt 12yr old can inflict on our poor cars????

I drive a vw diesel saloon..... I was in a taxi (people carrier) vw with the same engine as my saloon and when he was not looking I had a fiddle with his trip computer.. His people carrier was averaging 21mpg(long term) around town obviously, my saloon car gets 38mpg round town with the missus driving, and she is a nutter!!! At the end of the year that is a lot of wasted fuel and money, and damage to the enviroment.

Something needs to be done to discourage this american attitude of if I can afford it why not waste it and I don't care what I damage in the process

I love all vehicles in the right hands and right place but this careless, selfish attitude needs addressing and yes ROY I agree, it will end in taxation not fair to all but how do they police it???

I have a friend with 5 kids so yes some people have the use for a people carrier, but not as many as we see making the roads look UGLY!!!!!!!!

"MAX........... chop that soap box up and chuck it on the fire"
simon is offline   Reply With Quote