View Single Post
Old 25-08-2012, 17:32   #15
Redraine
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Late Exeter Thread - but not late enough

Rovers at home cannot be a factor in the terrible gate. If anything their missing thousands this season should have boosted our support. I just couldn't believe the empty spaces at kick off, though I should know better by now. Cooky must be absolutely devastated that two wins on the bounce are rewarded thus. How can the team be expected to inspire under these circumstances? It must have been a factor in Stanley's insipid performance today. Exeter will not have an easier 3 points all season. We were terrible. Toto threatened to self destruct several times before he was caught napping yet again for their second goal and should have been hauled off immediately, unless Eckersley wasn't available? I'm struggling to nominate a MOM, and certainly Joyce wasn't it, as he seemed to have reverted back to his poor form from last season. Sheppard was subbed again instead of Podge, who had another nothing game, and why Gray wasn't brought on beggars belief. I would like to see Dawson given a start instead of Lindfield who, whatever Football 19 says, is far better at full back than playing further upfield. All very depressing, though at least the Shrimps got tubbed by Port Vale.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote