View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 11:23   #62
Darby

Re: where was you when you found out dianna had died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Thinking about this matter further and with the added hindsight of six months since my last post on the subject, I find that my attitude has, if anything, hardened.

Following recent revelations of what can only be described as serial adultery, "I wanted to run away with my bodyguard", and all the rest of the sordid performance. I have to say we are well shot of her.

As to her legacy, what is there to say...people still die of AIDS, Kids are still blown apart by landmines - plus ca change, plus la meme chose.

On the other hand, thousands of our children still take part in the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme and are better people for it. Thousands of young adults from deprived backgrounds are still assisted to improve their lives by the Prince's Trust.

Prince Phillip is, as far as I am concerned, a National Treasure. Taking all the moral flak for saying in public what we all think in private.

The Queen is...well, The Queen. The only person in this country (or the world for that matter) who may command my loyalty and respect by right.

Prince Charles is much maligned, occupies a difficult position, and displays a level of caring that goes far beyond the facile, touchy-feely, eye for the camera, type displayed by his late wife. When the time comes, I will be proud to acknowlege him as King. His personal relationships are, properly, a matter for him and his conscience and should be no one elses business but his.

As far as The Prince of Wales' children are concerned, they are still too young to merit comment.
A bit harsh A-Bob.....

even assuming the press stories are anywhere near the truth.

Personally, I do not believe the press............especially when it comes to dirt!! And against those who are no longer with us and cannot answer back!

My mate (lives near Victoria Hospital and served with Charlie in the Navy) says that: "he (Charlie) is so divorced from reality, that he has difficulty in identifying his left and right shoes - especially when he's not wearing them".

But that's one mans opinion!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote