View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 20:32   #461
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think that one thing we could agree on is that whatever is being done now to address the problem ... and I do agree there is a massive problem of drug use in the "developed" nations ... is not working. In fact, the problems are getting worse. Look at Mexico ... but not close up, it ain't a safe place to go any more. Governments are approaching the problem in the same way that Douglas Haig approached that of breaking the German line. More of the same, but with bigger guns and more ammo.
In my opinion there's a direct correlation between the relatively new blind-eye approach to possession, as far as the law is concerned in the U.K., and the fact that there has been a massive increase in the number of people using recreational drugs, and the ease which they can now be accessed.

I can only see the associated problems some people suffer, increasing, if there was a total decriminalisation of these substances.

Getting to know young kids, who sell their bodies on the street to fund their habit, and not anything posted here, has made me believe that any lessening in numbers taking these drugs, means less misery for the unlucky few risk takers.